ooooooooooo

Front chromoly axles seals

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has any one replaced the stock front 19 spline axles with 30 spline chromoly from On The Rox? Looking for the end of Axle tube seal. The stock axles came with a hard plastic disc that covered the end of the axle tube. The center of that disc is too small to fit on the chromoly axles. The chromoly kit came with a small flexible "seal" that appears to slide onto the axle to cover the end of the tube, but it is too small of diameter to cover the end of the axle tube. Any info would be appreciated.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So, I answered my own post. Called OTR this morning. The small "seal" they supplied should have gone on each side of the carrier inside the axles tube and not on the outer tube end. My bad. Now I have to pull the carrier out, again, and install the seals. The bad thing is the outer tube is open for debris. My buddy who is a far better fabricator than I, is going to make some outer "seals" like the plastic stock ones to help keep junk out of the tubes.

houser06

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has any one replaced the stock front 19 spline axles with 30 spline chromoly from On The Rox? Looking for the end of Axle tube seal. The stock axles came with a hard plastic disc that covered the end of the axle tube. The center of that disc is too small to fit on the chromoly axles. The chromoly kit came with a small flexible "seal" that appears to slide onto the axle to cover the end of the tube, but it is too small of diameter to cover the end of the axle tube. Any info would be appreciated.

houser06

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I had same issue and could not find one myself. My buddy made one out of flat metal and we installed over axle. Sealed to axle tube and it’s held up now for about 6 months. I had OX lockers installed at dealer and I guess they broke mine. Never told me until I noticed it gone 2 weeks after picking up. Guy at dealership said you don’t need it because it has a seal inside. I still wanted something there to help keep debris out. Just an option if you can’t get one.