ooooooooooo

Flat Tow

S66P

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone know why Mahindra Roxor manual says to put the transfer case into neutral and the manual transmission into first gear for towing flat?

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone know why Mahindra Roxor manual says to put the transfer case into neutral and the manual transmission into first gear for towing flat?
I don’t know the reason but some of the guys on here do. I flat towed mine all the time that way. It’s the same way you tow a wrangler as well.

S66P

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you, I have always told my wranglers in neutral and neutral. Never heard of this before.

Joe Roberts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It is mainly to keep the transmission from free rotating, primarily a lubrication issue or lack of lubrication that may damage the bearings.

Joe Roberts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is step 6 from the jeep manual.
Jeep Wrangler Flat Towing: The Jeep Wrangler is one of the few vehicles built specifically to be flat towed and it does terrific in that role. Flat towing a TJ Jeep Wrangler is fairly simple, but it’s critical that you have everything set up properly before you roll. Note that the transfer case must be shifted into Neutral (N) and that the transmission MUST be placed in gear (I like to place mine in second gear) so that the transmission can be lubricated while the Jeep is being towed (your transmission will burn up if you don’t). According to the owner’s manual, here are the steps for flat towing a TJ Jeep Wrangler with a manual transmission:

1. Depress the brake pedal
  2. Depress the clutch pedal
  3. Shift the transfer case into N (Neutral)
  4. Start engine
  5. Place manual transmission into gear (second or third gear are the most popular. Don’t make the mistake of putting it into Neutral as this will prevent the transmission from being lubricated and it will burn up while being towed.)
  6. Release brake pedal to ensure no movement
  7. Shut engine off and place the ignition key into the unlocked OFF position (this allows the steering wheel to turn while being towed).
  8. Apply parking brake
  9. Attach Jeep to tow vehicle
  10. Release parking brake