ooooooooooo

Finally pulled the trigger

EDS

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
After fighting myself for a year and half, I finally ordered a 2020. I didn't realize they'd changed the gearing in all of them (thought it was an option). Anyone out the with a 2020, how fast do they go with the new gearing? Is it even going to pay to get the speed limiter removed?

Randy Burns

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No, the reflash for speed isn't an issue anymore as it tachs out right around 55 unless you increase tire size by a lot. As a dealer we will be installing 4:11 and 4:56 gears in most we sell. The low gears was a way to appease the lawsuit to reafirm it is an "offroad" only vehicle. Gear sets are cheap as anything for a Dana 44 will fit with a spacer kit. It is disappointing they went so far. 4 low is rock crawling gear for sure now. Your dealer should be able to hook you up with some gearing changes for around $1,000, I would recommend doing lockers at the same time as labor won't be much more. Good luck, they are an awesome machine!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After fighting myself for a year and half, I finally ordered a 2020. I didn't realize they'd changed the gearing in all of them (thought it was an option). Anyone out the with a 2020, how fast do they go with the new gearing? Is it even going to pay to get the speed limiter removed?
Congrats on the new Roxor. Any pics of her?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If anyone in Texas wants to swap axles I’ll swap my 3.73s for your 5.38s.

EDS

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
No, the reflash for speed isn't an issue anymore as it tachs out right around 55 unless you increase tire size by a lot. As a dealer we will be installing 4:11 and 4:56 gears in most we sell. The low gears was a way to appease the lawsuit to reafirm it is an "offroad" only vehicle. Gear sets are cheap as anything for a Dana 44 will fit with a spacer kit. It is disappointing they went so far. 4 low is rock crawling gear for sure now. Your dealer should be able to hook you up with some gearing changes for around $1,000, I would recommend doing lockers at the same time as labor won't be much more. Good luck, they are an awesome machine!
That's what I was afraid of. I'm going to have to figure something out. There's not a lot of rocks to crawl around here, but I would like to run some dirt roads. Thanks for the information.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone call Herm about an overdrive?

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Took mine for a stretch and got into 5th for the first time. 60 felt good. I am not into bending sheet metal up on rocks. Will be a daily driver and back country explore machine for me.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Took mine for a stretch and got into 5th for the first time. 60 felt good. I am not into bending sheet metal up on rocks. Will be a daily driver and back country explore machine for me.
Glad for the 3.73s for mileage.