ooooooooooo

Factory Headlight Adjustment

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Is there a special trick to adjusting the factory headlights? I'm trying to lower mine, and the 2 adjustment screws on either side of the headlights don't seem do do anything. Am I missing something?

Headlight Adjustment Screw.jpg

B

Bister

5mm socket on the back of that electric thing that's not plugged in on the top back of the headlight.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Is there a special trick to adjusting the factory headlights? I'm trying to lower mine, and the 2 adjustment screws on either side of the headlights don't seem do do anything. Am I missing something?

View attachment 5042
Please update, I need to adjust mine when I make it back home.

General

Founding Member
Turn the rear 5mm screw clockwise (as viewed from the driver's seat, I think) three times, and you'll see the lights move. It's easiest to shine your lights against a garage door or something so you can measure the amount the light lowered, 1 degree or an inch or whatever. Then road test it, and re-adjust if necessary.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A few weeks ago, I repalced the stock headlights with KC HiLite LED lheadlights (you can search for it). Below, I describe what I saw when I held the assembly in my hands.

I did not change how the headlights point. First, I pointed the lights at the back wall in my garage to compare the height of KC HiLite's beam vs stock. Then I went for a drive. Even with the very bright KC HiLite LED headlights, oncoming traffic did not flash their lights at me.

THE ASSEMBLY
The headlights are mounted to a an assembly that looks very similar to the attached picture (it is not a Roxor headlight mount).

The two rings are held apart by two springs and an adjustment screw. You can see the springs in the attached picture.
The inner ring has the bolts to mount the assembly to the Roxor.
The headlights are mounted to the outer ring.

Standing in front of your Roxor, looking at the headlights, one spring is at the 3 o'clock, one at the 9 o'clock (under the headlight bezel). The nuts for these adjustment screws are on the inside of the grill under rubber caps. (DAMcar's picture at the start of this thread shows a nut without the rubber cap).
The adjustment bolt is at 12 o'clock. Inside the grill, on top of the headlight is a plastic assembly. This is where the adjustment bolt is located (Bister's & General's post)

UP - DOWN ADJUSTMENT
As the adjustment screw turns, the outer ring pivots on the springs towards or away from the base.

LEFT - RIGHT ADJUSTMENT
Looking at the assembly, I think you may have to remove the bezel.

Before you pull off the bezel, remove the rubber caps and turn the screws at 9 o'clock or 3 o'clock. This may work.
Turning the nuts may turn the screw, too.
If so, you would need to remove the bezel and access the heads of the screws from the front. (Takes less than 10 minutes)

There is a nice YouTube video that shows how to remove the headlight assembly.

images.jpeg.jpg

Vanishingpoint

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
One interesting thing that I wanted to dig into a bit is the Roxor factory headlight. The electronic box may adjust the headlights for load level if attached to a controller.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Let us kniw what you find. I would be surprised if there is actually an actuator motor in the plasric assembly.

B

Bister

I lowered my head lights using a 5mm socket on the black box on top the headlight assembly, cause they were blinding on coming traffic, even on low beam, since they are right hand drive head lights, and anyone doing an actual "full" inspection for road legal should catch that. They are not road legal head lights in North America.