ooooooooooo

Electronic to mechanical engine control

Scatman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did anyone convert a roxor to mechanical engine control, so that is is more like a workhorse tractor rather than a street machine?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Very interesting idea, curious how this one pans out

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Modern tractors are all drive by wire as well. Converting to mechanical throttle linkage would require a different fuel pump/injection set up. Not even sure you could do it if you wanted. Why do you wanf to do a conversion?

Scatman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I really didn’t realize just how much electronics were in the roxor . I assumed too much . I thought it was like stepping back in time 4o years . I wanted a diesel and a manual transmission vehicle . I looked at old South American built Toyotas , old range rovers etc . Then I found roxors . I’d be happy with out the turbo , the electronic module and all the sensors.
I’d be happy with a motor , transmission, transfer case and a body . Just like 1947

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Aside from the motor electronics and gauge cluster everything else is pretty much old school.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Anyone buy the manual gauge setup from DF yet. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger to get better info on my unit

Roxoriver

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That was something I considered until I saw bosch mechanical gauges on Amazon for around $50. I have fittings in route now to finish the install.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Can u share the link of what you found and all the nessasary fittings

Roxoriver

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Okay it fits!
For the water temp probe, I used two pieces. The first was SS 1/4NPT female to 1/4NPT male that I drilled out with a .380 drill bit. The purpose of this fitting was to allow the probe length a place to be without hitting the M12 adapter to the thermostat housing.

1/4 × 1/4 NPT

The second adapter to the thermostat housing is SS M12x1.5 male to 1/4 NPT female.

M12 to NPT

The temp probe was 5/8-18 male, but came with the adapter 5/8-18 female to 1/4 NPT male.

BTW: All in one Aluminum fittings are available for water temp probe, but I don't like this in Aluminum.

For the oil pressure fitting, this is M6x1 tapered male to either 1/8 or 1/4 NPT female. The gauge comes with a reducer, so either size can be used. I preferred 1/8 to eliminate the reducer, but I had this fitting. You will need to shop for that one.

I recommend using 1/8 copper tubing in lieu of the plastic line supplied with the gauges.

1/8 OD copper tubing

Hopefully this makes it easier for everyone!

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Okay it fits!
For the water temp probe, I used two pieces. The first was SS 1/4NPT female to 1/4NPT male that I drilled out with a .380 drill bit. The purpose of this fitting was to allow the probe length a place to be without hitting the M12 adapter to the thermostat housing.

1/4 × 1/4 NPT

The second adapter to the thermostat housing is SS M12x1.5 male to 1/4 NPT female.

M12 to NPT

The temp probe was 5/8-18 male, but came with the adapter 5/8-18 female to 1/4 NPT male.

BTW: All in one Aluminum fittings are available for water temp probe, but I don't like this in Aluminum.

For the oil pressure fitting, this is M6x1 tapered male to either 1/8 or 1/4 NPT female. The gauge comes with a reducer, so either size can be used. I preferred 1/8 to eliminate the reducer, but I had this fitting. You will need to shop for that one.

I recommend using 1/8 copper tubing in lieu of the plastic line supplied with the gauges.

1/8 OD copper tubing

Hopefully this makes it easier for everyone!
Thanks for posting this ! Installed the gauges in my dash then went to tie in and was like I'm an idiot lol. Do you know a good spot to order these online ? I'm up in Canada in the middle of nowhere so I have to go online for most things. Do you have pics of your underhood Install ?

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
Can u share the link of what you found and all the nessasary fittings
Check
Just in case it helps

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner

What additional plumbing is needed to install this?
These are for vintage jeeps universal,we can give speedo cable,bulbs & holder free with this and also you can purchase the plate as below to fix this
Yes you will be required to do bit of DIY for retro fitting to roxor dash