ooooooooooo

Electric cooling fan

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ALUMI-TECH RADIATORS (USA MADE) - Universal Parts Inc. | High Performance Automotive Cooling | Humboldt, IA. These guys have made an electric cooling fan with a shroud for our little jeep. I had to pull out the radiator to get it mounted but it was not super difficult as I know just enough to be dangerous when it comes to tools. It really works great as the stock fan turns all the time without a clutch and uses horse power not to mention the noise. I can putt along now checking out the scenery and just hear the little diesel purr. I was a little worried at first because it took forever to come on but this little engine is so efficient it just took a while. I even bought the laser temperature tool from Harbor freight as I don’t have my water temperature gage installed yet but it was fine.

D3BBAD02-EB3C-49C6-92FD-37A1A6D2D93D.jpeg 50D9764D-BE48-4898-B9FD-C0A2C60715B9.jpeg E253B8EF-4DBC-4B14-B094-572C0CAB7A1E.jpeg 04D567D5-2372-4872-86E3-C92D797B6942.jpeg E2391DC1-A031-4145-9B1F-6BC4CA6CC9D3.jpeg

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, Having that fan not run all the time should cut down on some of the white noise.

Buck

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
n/a
what is the product number for this kit or setup

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here is a picture of the invoice, they always answer the phone and you get to talk to a real person! I found the fan on eBay as they don’t have it listed on their website yet.

DE1A5D50-9FDA-45EE-90CB-EFD37F9C9AA6.jpeg

tmichelena

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How did you attach it to the radiator? And how did you install the coolant temp probe?

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The shroud attaches to the radiator with sheet metal screws so you have to pull the radiator out not really a big deal. The temperature probe is installed in line on the top radiator hose so you have to cut the hose in half to install the probe it’s on one of my pictures. It’s been a while since I put it on and it works great.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I personally try to aim at worst case scrnario since I’ve been off roading in remote areas of the world. Sure an electric fan has a few technical advantages but if it breaks when your out in the middle of nowhere your going to be in trouble. The standard fan will always work.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Takes quite awhile to get up to temp with the electric fan.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't believe that fan would affect temperate rise. I do believe that fan will not kick on for a long time. Not listening to that piece of plastic run constantly must be nice. That set up seems like the ticket for the person just casually driving and not doing any serious off roading in extreme temps. On medium duty trucks in cold temps sometimes the fan doesn't even kick on. Makes sense.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I wouldn't doubt the stock fan. This same basic thing is run all over rural India. It's hot there, like real holy *&^% hot. Me and my old neighbor used to break each others balls about the weather, him breaking mine in the summer. 90+ and guy was just cool as a cucumber, meanwhile I'm laying the basement floor in a pool of my own making.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m in southern Arizona where it gets a little warm and have no problem with overheating love the electric fan.

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I’m in southern Arizona where it gets a little warm and have no problem with overheating love the electric fan.

Shortbus, ( love that name btw ) Did you have issues with the motor getting too hot before you put the electric fan in, or is it just a that you prefer the electric fan?

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Absolutely not. I think this little motor is so efficient it’s hard to get it warm. Takes quite a while even living in the desert for the electric fan to even kick on, and much much quieter.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Absolutely not. I think this little motor is so efficient it’s hard to get it warm. Takes quite a while even living in the desert for the electric fan to even kick on, and much much quieter.

Definitely quieter. I removed the plastic fan today and ran the engine. So much better. It sounds like a sewing machine. That plastic fan really rattles at higher rpm's. A fan clutch would sure be nice. Plenty of room for it.

Bosn

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
ALUMI-TECH RADIATORS (USA MADE) - Universal Parts Inc. | High Performance Automotive Cooling | Humboldt, IA. These guys have made an electric cooling fan with a shroud for our little jeep. I had to pull out the radiator to get it mounted but it was not super difficult as I know just enough to be dangerous when it comes to tools. It really works great as the stock fan turns all the time without a clutch and uses horse power not to mention the noise. I can putt along now checking out the scenery and just hear the little diesel purr. I was a little worried at first because it took forever to come on but this little engine is so efficient it just took a while. I even bought the laser temperature tool from Harbor freight as I don’t have my water temperature gage installed yet but it was fine.

View attachment 1388 View attachment 1389 View attachment 1390 View attachment 1391 View attachment 1392
I've installed my new electric fan, I have a question about the 3 bolts that held the old fan in place. I reinstalled the bolts, was it necessary. If not necessary I'd like to remove them.

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've installed my new electric fan, I have a question about the 3 bolts that held the old fan in place. I reinstalled the bolts, was it necessary. If not necessary I'd like to remove them.

Don't think those bolts are necessary. I removed my fan way bach when and it is on the shelf with the bolts.

tecknomage

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
shouldn't be hard to change the temp settings if one was so inclined, sensor or thermistor swap... could always piggyback a switch, to turn it on regardless should the need arise, ie, sensor fail, etc.. Lord i want one of those little critters(ROXOR) ... if only dealer here was decent. Even got the pattern almost done to make M151 grill for her ..Now to fire up the water jet @ school....... anyone see where Mahindra is making the engine for Fords new toy?

Mahindra engines will soon become the heart of the Ford Ecosport