ooooooooooo

EGT gauge readings

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know this has been addressed before.

I did a stage II tune (vivid racing), and I was curious if my temperature is ok. My gauge is telling me about 5-700 going about 35-45 mph, when I get it about 50-55 or higher it goes up to 1100. Is this normal or to high?

Karl Probts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is your thermocouple pre turbo or post turbo? If it's pre 1100 is what I would be comfortable with. By that I mean floor boarded till it stabilized all day long,maybe 1300 for a second. Post turbo, maybe 950 all day. Keep in mind that if the thermocouple burns off, it will go through the turbo possibility harming turbo. That is why some folks mount it post turbo. Pre turbo reacts faster,and gives more accurate information. I think using the egr to see what it is preturbo, then moving it post turbo would be nice to know.
there are so many variables that it is hard to answer your question. I would like to see the difference between dpf and dpf delete. Stock, chipped, exhaust ,and cleaned mods, and boost increaser. Added boost, less back presure, and more air should lower egts if any of them are a restriction.
It's raining here the next couple days, but I will attach a few thermocouples pre/post turbo. I have a long steep mountain grade a mile from my home. My roxor is bone stock. Then I will egr delete it, and post the results with pics on a new thread in tech showing results.
Any input from a diesel tuning pro would be handy. Maybe one of the people who sell us programs will chime in.
I think a common rail 5.9 Cummins may be similar to our engine (direct injection, commonrail,and tractor engine), no offense. In a all day 24/7 application 900 f post turbo is ok,again all day every day. In a dodge truck stock it can hit 1250-1350 stock preturbo. I bet one of those black smoke pouring out tractor pullers run a hundred under the melting point of aluminum. I wouldn't do that to my roxor.
I have a couple stainless type k thermocoples (t/c's from here out), and a few hundred feet of type k wire that I can weld to the outside of the pipe. That way I won't have to Swiss cheese my exghust. We can run a stainless tc In the egr,and one of the welded tv's next to it. Then we can estimate the difference for the rest.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow, thank you that is great info. I will take some pictures when I get home and post them. Good Point, I will also reach out to Vivid Tuning and ask them as well.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here's what I've got. Deleted egr, flashed ecu, cold air intake, 2.5" exhaust, cat delete. Attached is where the egt probe is.

20190528_180122.jpg