ooooooooooo

ECM re-flash companies

Bill Patridge

Founding Member
How about a list of companies that do the re-flask of the ECM's and their contact info...also do you send them just the ECM..what's the process??...Pricing..

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How about a list of companies that do the re-flask of the ECM's and their contact info...also do you send them just the ECM..what's the process??...Pricing..
The 2 main companies that are doing it right now are disel freaks and vivid racing. My vote of confidence goes to disel freaks. This is not to imply any hard feelings tword vivid racing, this is simply for a few reasons. Both companies provid tunes in the stage 1 range that eliminate the speed limiter and give in the neighborhood of 25hp and 40 something lbs of torque. However that's where similarities from my viewpoint end. #1. Disel freaks has a stage 2 tune with a great full ceramic clutch disk that eliminates the problem of clutch slippage with the higher power output (this is an issue as soon as you cross over 200lb of torque)
#2 disel freaks are roxor owners and LOVE this little machine. If you get randy or wade on the phone they will talk forever about what they have going on with the roxor and have all the first hand knowlage you could ever asK for. That's not to say vivid dosnt provide the same level of first hand expertise, they very well may, I just have no way of knowing this because every time I have called vivid (3 times to be exact) I either was put into a computerized cue to leave a message, or was asked by the tec "what year is your mahindra roxor" and "what engine does it have"...this might seem a little nit picky, but I belive anybody on this forum would be able to tell you that their is only 1 year of roxor production 2018 and 1 engine 2.5 L turbo disel.....this is probably no big deal but if any non expert, my self included can tell you this, then I would be hesitant to use an "expert" that has to ask these questions. Again this is not meant to be derogatory Towrd vivid, they probably rock, this is just an honest reason of why I chose one simalar service over the other.
#3. Disel freaks is in the back yard of the roxor plant and has had the unfair advantage of getting first hand input from the true experts at roxor in the development of their services. This probably can't be verified and some direct sources may deny it, because roxor does not officially endorse any aftermarket tuner. But I have seen with my own eyes and talked directly to enough real reliable and very much involved sources that I have no doubt. If you have any doubts you can call disel freaks your self, they will tell you what they are comfortable sharing.what they tell you I have verified from all sources so I have a great deal of confidence in them. I'm not trying to be conspiritorial, some of this info is just not mine to share;)
As far as what's involved in getting the services, it's very simple. Just remove your ecu ( 4 bolts and a plug on drivers side wheel well under the hood) and mail it to either of them with an attached letter and contact info. Put tracking on the pack so you can call them when it attached rives attachedrrivesnd they will flash it same day and overnight it back to you. I have attached a pic of a roxor ecu so you know what your looking for. Again, it's the only thing like it under the hood and sits on the drivers side wheel well, their are 4, 10 mil bolts at each corner, then you cam the plug retainer up and remove the plug. I would unplug the batery prior to doing this though. Good luck. P.S as for numbers, use Google and find the number. I'm not a phone book;)

20181009112713_2048x.jpg

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On Ebay you can find companies that will flash for 350. Any input
Their might be some great companies out there doing it for cheaper, however, i know the results from dozens of different happy customers from diseL freaks, and their are alot of happy vivd customers out their as well. The difference of 200 seems prettey small when your messing with the engin management system of my 20k toy. I personally would only do business with companies that have r&D in on many different platforms and a track record of great results. That for me was disel freaks. I've used both stage 1 and stage 2 extensively and love them both. Their is always cheaper ways to do things. I don't do cheap when it could possibly F up a 20K machine. When these ebay guys build up a track record backed with research like disel freaks has, they can afford to start charging 600$.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes there are a few companies out there that can do the ECU flash but it’s pretty obvious who’s the originator. You can actually see who’s doing the R&D just by their various stages of tunes available. Anybody can lower the price to beat the competition but I’ll support the company that keeps putting time and development into our beloved Roxor’s.

Last edited:

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Another vote for Vivid Racing. Took mine in personally,they did an awesome job and it was 500 bucks

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just installed a Chip Express Tuning chip. Probably not as good as the Vivid ECU flash, but worked wonders for my Roxor. The only draw back was, that chip express does not remove the speed limiter. That isn't really a problem for me, since I do mostly farm work. Could be a problem if I can make it street legal. I've been told that there may be some dealer availability to program out the limiter should the Roxor be made street legal in my state. The power increase is noticeable. Idle is smooth and acceleration curve is improved. One advantage is that the Chip Express tuner works in conjunction with your ECU and does not over write it. If you need warranty work done, just unplug and take in to the dealer. Cost was around $490 with exchange. They are out of Britain. They do the tuning for the Mahindra Thar there as well.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just installed a Chip Express Tuning chip. Probably not as good as the Vivid ECU flash, but worked wonders for my Roxor. The only draw back was, that chip express does not remove the speed limiter. That isn't really a problem for me, since I do mostly farm work. Could be a problem if I can make it street legal. I've been told that there may be some dealer availability to program out the limiter should the Roxor be made street legal in my state. The power increase is noticeable. Idle is smooth and acceleration curve is improved. One advantage is that the Chip Express tuner works in conjunction with your ECU and does not over write it. If you need warranty work done, just unplug and take in to the dealer. Cost was around $490 with exchange. They are out of Britain. They do the tuning for the Mahindra Thar there as well.
I agree with you woodsman, the chip express chip does great. My brother in law put one on his and the differance was night and day. I was so impressed that I bought one myself. I ended up going with the disel freak tune in the end because I wanted to remove the speed limiter without unplugging the speed sensor. But for anybody that just wants stage 1 power without the the trouble of sending their computer off to be reworked I highly recomended it. BTW if anybody wants mine, it new in the box with 4.5 years of warrenty left on it and I will sell it for 300$.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m happy with my Vivid flash and they disabled EGR per request.
No issues with the EGR disable? I plan to do this same mod. Once EGR disable is done you didn’t have to modify or remove anything else, correct?

jddotson68

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No issues with the EGR disable? I plan to do this same mod. Once EGR disable is done you didn’t have to modify or remove anything else, correct?

I removed my EGR cooler and vacuum lines but you can leave it in place. I used part of the EGR coolant lines when I installed a heater.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I removed my EGR cooler and vacuum lines but you can leave it in place. I used part of the EGR coolant lines when I installed a heater.
I would be interested to know what hoses you tapped into for you heater, a pic if you can. Thanks!

Bill Patridge

Founding Member
Following this thread.....the stage 2 comes with a clutch disc...question, is it a "puck" style on one side or??

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Check out "www.calibratedpower.com" search Roxor once you get there. My son and I each have one and went with there tune and waste gate valve. Got them done in the middle of September and have had no issue with starting in the cold, parked one out side on some very cold nights just to test cold start, no problem, great tune, They have dyno graphs posted to prove the power, as a mater of fact some ware they posted a race of my sons with stock tune and there own Roxor with the tune. You won't be disapointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

I would be interested to know what hoses you tapped into for you heater, a pic if you can. Thanks!
You cut the hose coming off the EGR on the right top the valve cover and go direct to your heater (not spliced in or use of a 'y' connector) and then come back from your heater to the hose on the left side of your valve cover. This gives you full flow through your heater and maximum heat. If you do want to turn off the flow to the heater, you can use 'T' connectors and a couple of valves in the right places. I can get a picture/video later if anyone wants. Roxor is in my shop.

Edit: It does show it quickly in here at about the 4:50 mark

Last edited by a moderator: