ooooooooooo

Easiest license plate light

General

Founding Member
Team Roxor,
I found the cheapest and easiest way to get light onto your license plate.
$10 on Amazon, black, LED, bright, stainless steel, hardware included, but I bought two #10 bolts (3/4" long, with 4 flat washers and 2 fender washers and 2 lock nuts).
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07937BQYJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The holes line up exactly with the Roxor bumper, no drilling or other metal work required; fully reversible if you don't like it.
It's an easy reach to the rear light connectors to get power, especially if you have the XTC turn signal kit.
The two 1/4" bolts are a little too long (they hit the bumper), so buy two 1/4" (20 pitch) nuts to put against the bolt heads (before going into the bracket) to make them the correct length.
To easily reach the back of the #10 bolts, you need to remove the rear-most 4 bolts holding the gas tank, shown in my photo. This allows even fat hands to get your socket back there to hold the nut while you tighten the bolt. I always use stainless steel hardware because I hate rust.
The main disadvantage of this method is it covers the tow receiver area, although you could locate the bracket on another spot on the bumper (would require drilling holes). Another minor disadvantage is that the bracket could push on your thigh if you lean into the back of the Roxor with the tailgate open.

license plate light.jpg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #