ooooooooooo

Drivetrain Options

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
So far I've heard the axles are very Dana 44 like but not an exact duplicate. I've heard that the axles are 19 spline and 31 spline but I'm not sure if thats the inner shafts or outer shafts or both. Although on the AVM locking hubs website they list the old mahindra models as a 10 spline outer hub. Which also explains why I've seen a set of Warn locking hubs on a Roxor so fast because that would mean its an almost identical hub design as the early CJ/M38 jeep hubs. I've also seen that OX locker has gotten a hold of an axle and have already made a selectable locker for it, considering maybe the fast release of these products I have to believe the axle is very close to the old style D44 design. I emailed an OX locker rep and they say the axle is pretty stout for its size and engineering. A decent axle and stronger then a D35 per say so I think these axles could be totally liveable with a 33" tire and probably a 35" tire with a soft foot. The other nice things I've noticed about the Roxor axles is the drains are cast in the bottom of the diff and the fill plug is in the cover so there's not a need to pull the cover for every fluid change. A nice touch. If anyone else has heard more specifically on the axle design or possible options to be available, please, do comment.

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's some good info you've shared with us. I have to agree, these machines do look well built and can't wait to actually see one. I've also heard from my dealer who was at the dealer show that there are some plans for an automatic transmission down the road. I see that could be a positive for some who have kids/wives who can't drive manual but for me I think the 5 speed is just too damn cool in this thing.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I can confirm. Just slapped a set of 6b 10spline warns on. Perfect fit.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
That's what I figured. With that being said, why would anyone pay the $300 US for the locking hubs from Mahindra. The hubs in Canada aren't even $300. And we have to pay way too much for everything.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine were closer to half that. Not a bad ‘first mod’.

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Exactly. Whatever makes it last longer I'm in for. Every 4WD I own has locking hubs and I wouldn't have it any other way.