ooooooooooo

Differential covers

ToddBenson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
ive read that the roxor differentials are basically Dana 44’s ? Has anyone tried one of these after market covers ? I like the g2 brand do you think this would fit the rear diff ?
2026F885-A035-4148-A1EF-7A758AE8D2A6.png

2026F885-A035-4148-A1EF-7A758AE8D2A6.png

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No sure, I will compare them with my CJ when I get home, I have that cover on the front and rear of my 85 CJ-7. Looks right.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I haven’t tried any aftermarket cover other than the Ox covers for the lockers. That’s said if you change the rear cover you will need to install the baffle for the breather vent. The jeeps have the vent on the tube, the Roxor has it on the pumpkin and a baffle built into the cover. Without the baffle the ring gear will sling oil into the vent and you’ll burp oil as it gets hot. after the regear mine was still burping oil even with the baffle. I extended the vent line higher and the oil dripping out of the vent stopped.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I haven’t tried any aftermarket cover other than the Ox covers for the lockers. That’s said if you change the rear cover you will need to install the baffle for the breather vent. The jeeps have the vent on the tube, the Roxor has it on the pumpkin and a baffle built into the cover. Without the baffle the ring gear will sling oil into the vent and you’ll burp oil as it gets hot. after the regear mine was still burping oil even with the baffle. I extended the vent line higher and the oil dripping out of the vent stopped.
Good info to know.

Roxoriver

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I put a similar D44 cover on and noticed there is one bolt added to the MH44 housing. Simply put all the bolts in the D44 cover and voila. The cover hides the unused bolt hole. If you were really determined, you could drill the missing hole into the cover.

Roxoriver

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Another thing is that the extra bolt only shows up on my 2020 and is not on the 2018. I don't know if 2019 has the extra bolt.

2018=10 bolts, 2020=11 bolts

ToddBenson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this and it fit perfect took a little more gear oil but the fit and finish is great super happy. With it. I’ll post some picks soon. Thanks

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If anyone is willing to spend the money, the Ballistic Fabrication diff cover is made from 3/8" steel. Absolutely BRUTE pieces. I had them on my old ram front and rear, and have them on my 57 Chevy. If you spend time in the rocks, it's a worthwhile investment.