ooooooooooo

Differential Breather tubes / hose

Joe Roberts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine were zip tied to the top of the axle tubes? WTF can we get and more stupid on the assembly line. Only found this while installing the turn signals. To bad I had been up to the eye balls in water before finding this issue. Need to drain the diffs and refill. Installing the spartan locker in the back any way so no big deal really but curious how much water got in?

Bill Patridge

Founding Member
Mine were zip tied to the top of the axle tubes? WTF can we get and more stupid on the assembly line. Only found this while installing the turn signals. To bad I had been up to the eye balls in water before finding this issue. Need to drain the diffs and refill. Installing the spartan locker in the back any way so no big deal really but curious how much water got in?
Let it sit overnite....loosen the cover bolts and pry the bottom of the cover with a small screwdriver and see how much water comes out..

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You can either extend using a barbed fitting for tube splice (Home Depot, etc) or replace the whole tube. I ran my front up into engine compartment by air filter and the rear up into the frame tubel as I don't intend to get into real deep water. I also use small breather on the end of the tube.

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
You can either extend using a barbed fitting for tube splice (Home Depot, etc) or replace the whole tube. I ran my front up into engine compartment by air filter and the rear up into the frame tubel as I don't intend to get into real deep water. I also use small breather on the end of the tube.
picture if possible, With my Rhino we drive about 1/2 mile around a lake to get to a logging road, in two spots I've had the water over the headlights

Last edited:

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
picture if possible, With my Rhino we drive about 1/2 mile around a lake to get to a logging road, in two spots I've had the water over the headlights

Sorry for the slow response with pics.

889BAB00-2A7E-4C5F-B409-D8A61EFD3471.jpeg32CF7106-0383-4180-9F03-F401E9419865.jpeg

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
what type of breather is that for?

The front is the Factory vent cap just moved to the end of my extension hose. It should be mounted vertical.

The Factory rear was just an open hose so I installed a small engine fuel filter into my extension hose since there is a lot of dust in the rear area.

The tranny and TC vents are Factory and component mounted, no elevation. They should be considered if you think you're going to get your trousers wet, in fact you should run all four up to your intake height. I haven't looked at the fuel tank vent but it could be an issue too. Again, I'm talking about continuous deep water submersion swamp buggy style, not just dipping in and out of a hole.

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The front is the Factory vent cap just moved to the end of my extension hose. It should be mounted vertical.

The Factory rear was just an open hose so I installed a small engine fuel filter into my extension hose since there is a lot of dust in the rear area.

The tranny and TC vents are Factory and component mounted, no elevation. They should be considered if you think you're going to get your trousers wet, in fact you should run all four up to your intake height. I haven't looked at the fuel tank vent but it could be an issue too. Again, I'm talking about continuous deep water submersion swamp buggy style, not just dipping in and out of a hole.
Thank you for the info, hopefully my LE will be ready next week

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you for the info, hopefully my LE will be ready next week

Congrats, You're going to love it. As far as the plastic vent caps, you can get them at most any auto parts store and just stick them in the end of the hose with the hose tied off vertical and it will be way better than the factory set up. Send some pics when you get the Rox.

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I mention this issue with the dealer before it shipped and they lenghened my fronts to where the air intake is and on the rears they had it go up into where the fuel hose / fill is just under the bed

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I checked mine last week. The rear was already routed up high just under the bed. The front was actually just lying on the axle tube. I routed that up by the air intake.