ooooooooooo

Diesel Additives

Roadrunner

I've used various diesel additives in other vehicles for years; and I swear by them. The Roxor manual says not to use diesel additives as it clogs the injectors and thereby voids the warranty. I was just wondering what brand of additive (if any) other people are using in their Roxors, and why they think this is beneficial in light of the Roxor manual warning? Thank you.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'd rather use my money to have fun than buy additives which maybe might perhaps do some good but also have drawbacks which the manufacturer doesn't tell you about. My advice don't waste your money....

Randy Burns

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
All manufacturers tell you not to run additives. Same reason we now have low sullfur fuel, emissions. I run additives year round for lubricity in all my diesels, the key is you only need a little.

MAGAHAWK

I've used various diesel additives in other vehicles for years; and I swear by them. The Roxor manual says not to use diesel additives as it clogs the injectors and thereby voids the warranty. I was just wondering what brand of additive (if any) other people are using in their Roxors, and why they think this is beneficial in light of the Roxor manual warning? Thank you.
go to www.marvelmystryoil.com for info on MMO for diesel use. The main reason manufactures can not recommend is because adding 4oz per 10 gallons raises the sulfur content something like (1) PPM. it's an EPA thing. will not harm your engine if used as directed. I've used it in all my engines gas and diesel since the 70's. Great for upper cylinder lubrication - piston, rings, valve stems and guides.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I use Power Service diesel additive. As far as I know its the most recommended product, even by Cummins. They have an additive that improves performance and keeps the injectors clean with a summer and winter version. They also make a biocide. I have never used the biocide but just started to after seeing several fuel systems clogged up with slime. A large bottle of the regular additive lasts a long time and is not expensive.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I use Lucas or Power Service in all my diesel engines. Never had a plugged injector in over 20 years. All of my tractors say do not use additive, but my certified diesel mechanic says TO use additive. The ultra low sulfur fuel is hard on rings and cyl. walls. Most additives add back the lubricity that the fuel has lost over the years.