ooooooooooo

Crossover pipe

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So the clamps DF sends are they supposed to go over the flared part of the pipe. They sure are almost impossible to get around it with the rubber hose on? About ready to revert to good old fashioned hose clamps. I didn't do the intake connection kit. Went for a test drive and well I knew it popped off. Does the crossover pipe not work well with the stock intake kit?

20220119_171104.jpg 20220119_171142.jpg

Last edited:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm not for certain, but I've heard that you do not want to use regular camps, they aren't strong enough. Yes, mine were hard to get on also

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I started tightening the clamp on the stock intake and it slips off. So I bit the bullet and order DF Intake connection

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So there were two different hoses. The one reduced does that go on the Turbo side? Once I get the new intake I'm sure the non reduced will go there

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@CJ2Rox: the stock intake plate above the grid heater is super slick. The rubber hose will slip off even with the t-clamps tightened down. The stock part is painted and too smooth. No lip for the clamp and hose to lock on..

My experience: last year, I ordered and installed the DF intake kit. I messed up trimming the silicone rubber elbow. It was about 120F in my garage and I just wanted to get it done, rushed the trim. Without the DF provided elbow, I had to use the stock elbow and srock part that sits above the grid heater. (I used the DF intake part the sits below the grid heater).
Just around city driving would slip the elbow up at an angle where it would jusr barely hang on (and just beacuse it slipped up at an angle it did not blow off).
A week or so later, I had a replacement boot and installed the top part of the DF intake kit. All good now.

A tip on trimming the albow: I used mounted the t-clamp on the hose so its edge would be where i needed to cut. The t-clamp was the guide to my knife. Perfectly straight cuts in each end of the elbow. (Since you hace the cross over pipe, you may not need to trim anything).

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think I'll be using the elbow since I'm not putting the stock tube back right?

20220119_162246.jpg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Can all of the vacuum lines be removed with stock airbox gone without throwing codes. The blue line is just hanging, the black tape line is only thing attached to back of alternator. Can all be removed, not even sure what it all is

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the DF intake kit. I ended up using the OEM hose clamp on the lower fitting due to the way the DF clamp fit being too wide.