ooooooooooo

Cold Start Attempt

Woody

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Today the Roxor wouldn't start, but it was -8°f here in Missouri. I tried the igitition heater starter several times to no avail. I'm not worried as I'm sure it's all temperature related and I was only curious if it would start before heading to work. I have only fall/winter fuel in the tank, so no additives for cold weather.

Moving forward, does anyone have any suggestions moving forward? Also, what's the coldest anyone has started their Roxor?
Thanks,

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It should start in those temps. I bet your filter and lines are gelled.

Randy Burns

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We see most will not start below 0 unless have a heater of some kind. It's a diesel thing....good luck.

Woody

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Update, it was 21°f when I came home today. I let the ignition heater switch do its thing and the Roxor fired right up.

B

Bister

Update, it was 21°f when I came home today. I let the ignition heater switch do its thing and the Roxor fired right up.
If it's cold, it doesn't hurt to cycle the heater twice. Let it cycle, turn it off, wait a 30 seconds or so and back on, then start.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bister

I'm not one to use lots of additives etc and we have number one fuel here in Canada after October. Last year in the winter, I used "Howes Diesel Treatment" at the low summer rate. I park in a heated shop. I noticed starting last winter that the rough start up idle was just about no existent and the smoke associated with it. I thought the engine was just getting broken in. Then in the summer I quit running the additive and my rough idle came back. I never thought much of it. I started adding it again this fall and it smoothed right out, again I did't pay much attention. My buddy owed me some fuel and filled my jugs and I ,again, didn't pay attention he filled them. I put the measured amount of additive in each jug when I fill them, so I had 3 jugs with none. The Roxor started rough again. My buddy told me he filled the jugs and then it all came together how that little bit of additives smooths out my starts. The summer rate is about 1ml/liter. Like I said, I am not big on additives and think lots of them are snake oil, but this one seems to work good so ithkn I will keep running it all year. It is a lubricant and anti-gel.

If anyone else runs this, or starts to, and your start up idle is smooth, let us know. It did take a couple tanks to smooth out.

0380939_1.jpeg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ran that in my HMMWV constantly, a buddy who is a mechanic recommend it. I love it, in my opinion there is a reason it sells well at Truck Stops and there is a reason it does NOT have any fancy labeling like the Snake oils. Good product! Yes, it smoothed everything out on the starts

B

Bister

I ran that in my HMMWV constantly, a buddy who is a mechanic recommend it. I love it, in my opinion there is a reason it sells well at Truck Stops and there is a reason it does NOT have any fancy labeling like the Snake oils. Good product! Yes, it smoothed everything out on the starts
I assume you are running it in your Roxor and mean it smoothed the Roxor starts out like mine.

I just run the summer rate all year and I actually use a syringe to measure it, not just pour some in.