ooooooooooo

CLUTCH NOISE

foley inc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 2018 that has developed a constant squeek when the clutch is released. If you put a little psi on the pedal, it goes away? Has anyone else run accross this issue? Roxor has 65 miles on it.

CLN

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 2018 that has developed a constant squeek when the clutch is released. If you put a little psi on the pedal, it goes away? Has anyone else run accross this issue? Roxor has 65 miles on it.
Try operating the clutch with the engine off and listen for any similar noises. Get your head under the dash and operate the clutch (engine off) or have a friend help while you track down any noise. Anything that you can hear with the engine off will usually be linkage related (return spring, bushings, linkage etc) This type of noise can be easily fixed with further inspection and lube as needed. If the noise is present only when the engine is running you may be looking at a throw out bearing situation. Throw out bearing noise is usually more noticeable when the clutch pedal is depressed with engine running. Rare to have this as a factory defect but is possible. You have a hydraulic slave cylinder which typically will not contribute to any noise.
Hope this helps:cool:

B

Bister

Try operating the clutch with the engine off and listen for any similar noises. Get your head under the dash and operate the clutch (engine off) or have a friend help while you track down any noise. Anything that you can hear with the engine off will usually be linkage related (return spring, bushings, linkage etc) This type of noise can be easily fixed with further inspection and lube as needed. If the noise is present only when the engine is running you may be looking at a throw out bearing situation. Throw out bearing noise is usually more noticeable when the clutch pedal is depressed with engine running. Rare to have this as a factory defect but is possible. You have a hydraulic slave cylinder which typically will not contribute to any noise.
Hope this helps:cool:
The linkage just needed a bit of adjusting as mentioned in the other 2 threads.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm glad it's an easy fix, because mine chirps pretty loud...didn't notice it until I took it out for a late night spin, then without all the traffic noise I could really listen to it. At first I thought it was the engine making a noise, but then I noticed it went away when I changed gears. I'll have to duck my head under there before I take it out today and get 'er adjusted.