ooooooooooo

Cj7 softop on Roxor

T66coupe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was wondering if anyone tried any cj7 softop for Roxor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cj7 is 5 1/2 shorter it could be done if you have a upholstery guy I stretched a hard top
20200925_174120.jpg

20200925_174120.jpg

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Anyone try the CJ7 top lately, I see Tom’s Life did it on YouTube

Last edited:

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is a CJ7 soft top; but the roll bars have been modified. It also has a CJ7 windshield

20201112_151022.jpg

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You cut the factory roll bar above the side protectors ? Correct? How many inches?

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I only have the center roll bar now, everything thing else has been removed. I think it was around 4"? I did it a few years ago. If you cut it, just make sure you keep the roll bar a few inches higher than the front windshield. I think I cut mine twice before I was happy with it. When I welded back together, I used a 1.5"x 6"piece of pipe in the center of the roll bar. This lines everything back up to center on the roll bar for welding. From the floor to the middle of the roll bar is 43.5". If your a taller person don't cut it too short, you may need the extra head room.

Last edited:

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There is some info in this thread on how I modified mine to add a CJ bikini top along with input and pictures from others. Might be helpful.

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That turned out good. I tried to tie the rear bars back in like you did, but it didn't look right. So I left them off. That looks good . Plus it gives you a lots more protection if you roll over. I just use mine around the house. I'm going have to improve mine if I decide to take it off road.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That turned out good. I tried to tie the rear bars back in like you did, but it didn't look right. So I left them off. That looks good . Plus it gives you a lots more protection if you roll over. I just use mine around the house. I'm going have to improve mine if I decide to take it off road.
Thanks, I like it and it makes me feel like I didn't compromise the protection, like you said. At some point, I'll disassemble the ROPS on my 2023 and start working on it.

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
We have our own soft top production,Just in case someone needs one to be made custome let me know

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bestop (5250801 part number) Traditional Bikini Top for 1976-1991 CJ7/CJ8 & Wrangler,Black. You can buy Amazon if you can't find one. That's where I bought mine. Maybe GiStore can hook you up with one?

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I need a full top with doors to fit with a CJ Windshield

Might follow the Tom’s Life install

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
Can you make one to fit a CJ windshield?
Yes we can make any soft top ,We have our own production Pls mail us pictures of what current set up you have on your roxor ,We Have Thar doors,Cabin pillar set ,Complete wiper kit & we also make full,Cabin & Bikini top for roxor
Subbox007@gmail.com

Soft Top-Roxor.jpg

Cobra1six

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a cj style roll bar but want a factory one. Wanna trade?

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I cut the factory roll bar up to make the cj7 top fit. There's not to much left of excepted the windshield bar.

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I bought it off Amazon. Here is the information. It looks like all the windshield Cj5. Cj7 (cj5 pre 1975 was narrower body & wheelbase). Will work together? I think the only thing different are the CJ7 have a longer wheel base?

SmartSelect_20231222_122319_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: