ooooooooooo

CHEAP ASS RADIO INSTALL

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Ok. I was not able to get the Roxor sound bar when I bought my Roxor. Recall. I was not informed of this until after I signed on the dotted line. So after some irritating grumbling at my sales guy he hands me a box with these 10 or 12 inch diameter speakers that attach to the roll bar. Blue tooth and all but no basic old fart AM/FM radio. I do not do the phone music thing. Too old. Lol.

So I wanted a radio. I found an old $50 gift card while cleanin out my wallet for Cabala's. So I go on line and see several Cheap BASTARD Specials for boats that will work. They are white. That's fine, my Roxor is white. White and Black. So its a white accent. Lol. SO I went and bought a cheap boat radio. It came with 4 6-1/2 round speakers which I promply stashed on a back shelf never to be seen again. I bought a cheap set of indoor outdoor boxed speakers with mounting brackets. I attached these to the roll bar with 2-1/2 inch hose clamps and then ran the wires in convoluted or split tubing along the roll bar against the roof and down the right side of the roll cage following the light bar wiring.

I found an old driving light mounting bracket and cut it in half making my receiver mounting angles and attached them to the receiver and then drilled and tapped a few holes in the bottom lip of the dash to hold the unit. Centered it on the speedo. I was going to cut a nice hole in the dash to mount it but then decided that if I don't like it I would have this big ass hole in the dash. Lol. So old school under the dash it went. I wired it direct to the battery along with the wiper motor wiring already under the hood in wire loom.

It sounds ok. Not a blasting rap or heavy dance stereo sound or that country sub woofer sound but it plays loud enough to hear when driving. It's worth the $100 bucks I have in it and the 8 hours of labor. Yes 8 hours. I'm old and picky and wanted the wiring obscure and correct. YEHAW! Lol. Oh and it has blue tooth and mp3 whatever that is. LOL.

ROXOR RADIO 4.jpgROXOR RADIO 5.jpgROXOR RADIO 3.jpgROXOR RADIO 2.jpgROXOR RADIO 1.jpg

Last edited:

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok. I was not able to get the Roxor sound bar when I bought my Roxor. Recall. I was not informed of this after I signed on the dotted line. So after some irritating grumbling at my sales guy he hands me a box with these 10 or 12 inch diameter speakers that attach to the roll bar. Blue tooth and all but no basic old fart AM/FM radio. I do not do the phone music thing. Too old. Lol.

So I wanted a radio. I found an old $50 gift card while cleanin out my wallet for Cabala's. So I go on line and see several Cheap BASTARD Specials for boats that will work. They are white. That's fine, my Roxor is white. White and Black. So its a white accent. Lol. SO I went and bought a cheap boat radio. It came with 4 6-1/2 round speakers which I promply stashed on a back shelf never to be seen again. I bought a cheap set of indoor outdoor boxed speakers with mounting brackets. I attached these to the roll bar with 2-1/2 inch hose clamps and then ran the wires in convoluted or split tubing along the roll bar against the roof and down the right side of the roll cage following the light bar wiring.

I found an old driving light mounting bracket and cut it in half making my receiver mounting angles and attached them to the receiver and then drilled and tapped a few holes in the bottom lip of the dash to hold the unit. Centered it on the speedo. I was going to cut a nice hole in the dash to mount it but then decided that if I don't like it I would have this big ass hole in the dash. Lol. So old school under the dash it went. I wired it direct to the battery along with the wiper motor wiring already under the hood in wire loom.

It sounds ok. Not a blasting rap or heavy dance stereo sound or that country sub woofer sound but it plays loud enough to hear when driving. It's worth the $100 bucks I have in it and the 8 hours of labor. Yes 8 hours. I'm old and picky and wanted the wiring obscure and correct. YEHAW! Lol. Oh and it has blue tooth and mp3 whatever that is. LOL.

View attachment 2503View attachment 2504View attachment 2505View attachment 2506View attachment 2507
Nice job, clean look! You gotta love that Fortress roof and glass too!

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Haaaaaaaa. I'm a legend cheap a s s here already? Haaaaaa. Yes I am.

BDRAG
I gotta tell you your radio and speaker install did turn out nicely, legend maybe not!
But you gave me the itch to do an install on my rig. Thanks for sharing the pics!

KLaHa

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I am not aware of a Roxor Sound Bar recall, no dealer alert either. Am I following the thread correctly?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Apparently there were some fasteners that were pulling out of the unit? So factory stopped sending them till the issue was resolved. That's the excuse my dealer gave me. I know they are back on mahindras web site now.

I wanted it. Wanted factory / dealer installed radio. Oh well. I'm good for now.

BDRAG

General

Founding Member
@KLaHa there was a recall summer 2018 because the factory radios were sagging. They were mounted at the top of the diagonal roll bars. The factory then sponsored a similar but different radio system which mounts to the horizontal roll bar, which has had no problems. You can tell the difference between the two models based on where they mount to the roll bar.

KLaHa

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok thanks Guys, I will check with my Dealer and update if I find anything else out.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Ok. I was not able to get the Roxor sound bar when I bought my Roxor. Recall. I was not informed of this until after I signed on the dotted line. So after some irritating grumbling at my sales guy he hands me a box with these 10 or 12 inch diameter speakers that attach to the roll bar. Blue tooth and all but no basic old fart AM/FM radio. I do not do the phone music thing. Too old. Lol.

View attachment 2503View attachment 2504View attachment 2505View attachment 2506View attachment 2507
where did you mount your antenna?

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

That’s awesome!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Nice clean work.