ooooooooooo

Buy a 2018 or a 2019?

BigZ

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'm going to buy a Roxor in the coming days/weeks or latest a month. I can still get my hands on the 2018's and I'm not really sure what the big draw to the 2019 would be for me... My use will be hunting in the delta of Mississippi which is renowned for its "gumbo" mud...brutal stuff.

That being said I'm going to want:
  1. New Aggressive Tires
  2. Lift
  3. 4x4 lockers
  4. Fold down window
  5. Rear seat
  6. Towing harness for my duck boat
Anything here in reasoning or priority that would drive me to a 2019 v 2018? I don't care about speed lockout or any of that, its going to have a 10 mile round trip span and be off road 99% of the time.

Thanks in advance, Z

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just picked up a 2019 a few days ago. The main reason was for the color. Otherwise I would of beat them up on a 2018 that had been on the lot for a year. For what you're going to use it for it seems a 2018 would suit you fine. I could of lived with one.

HOTROD87

I would go 2018 specifically to override the speed limiter. You may think you don't care about the top speed but when you need more wheel speed you'll think different. Also the 2018 should be a little less money so that means more ad on goodies.

Pdphilson

Guaminí, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would go 2018 specifically to override the speed limiter. You may think you don't care about the top speed but when you need more wheel speed you'll think different. Also the 2018 should be a little less money so that means more ad on goodies.
Go for 2018
20181213_125431.jpg

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

Off Topic... Who makes the dog harness and how does it secured to the seat. Im a little concerned that my elder dog may just fall out the the Roxor if she falls asleep... Which she usually does on most rides. As much as she hates it, she'll probably have to be in the back seat on this vehicle but that space may be filled with crap!

B

Bister

Off Topic... Who makes the dog harness and how does it secured to the seat. Im a little concerned that my elder dog may just fall out the the Roxor if she falls asleep... Which she usually does on most rides. As much as she hates it, she'll probably have to be in the back seat on this vehicle but that space may be filled with crap!
I built a custom, pieced together seat for my dog. She is 16 and not very stable anymore. There are some pics in this thread and I'll be adding some tomorrow of it out. It comes out not problem, just clears everything.

Opinions appreciated - Team ROXOR Forum - Unofficial Mahindra ROXOR Off-road Community!

edarahk

So I drove the 2018, it only went 45mph, But the 19 goes to a top speed of 57mph before it hits a speed limiter.

The 4wd selector on the 19 seemed much easier to operate, I actually pulled the plastic knob off of the 4wd selector on the 18. The 19 has a cool red skid plate on the oil pan that the 18 doesn't have.

I bought a 2019 straight off the truck because they had some 2018's but they all had hours on them lowest was 18, highest was 27.. i asked why, and they said they had to idle them in the morning to warm them up before moving them out front, each had around 30 miles. I paid $13,700 out the door, with TX ag tax exemption. I then bought the windshield for $451.29

roxor.jpg

M151

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
$13,700.00? I either got ripped off or these things are junk?

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
So I drove the 2018, it only went 45mph, But the 19 goes to a top speed of 57mph before it hits a speed limiter.

The 4wd selector on the 19 seemed much easier to operate, I actually pulled the plastic knob off of the 4wd selector on the 18. The 19 has a cool red skid plate on the oil pan that the 18 doesn't have.

I bought a 2019 straight off the truck because they had some 2018's but they all had hours on them lowest was 18, highest was 27.. i asked why, and they said they had to idle them in the morning to warm them up before moving them out front, each had around 30 miles. I paid $13,700 out the door, with TX ag tax exemption. I then bought the windshield for $451.29

View attachment 3333

Im curious if you noticed what the RPM was at 45 mph and 57 mph stock.

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
1940ish at 57, stock. I don't remember what it was at 45 on the 18.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if that would be a "wide open" rpm for the Roxor. Im not really sure its made for those speeds continuous.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'll chime in on the harness also please if that is ok.
My dog is going to get a Bister box to accompany her harness. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753KB8Y2/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 She's a cow crazy bordercollie so must be secured when traveling around them or she'll fall out and break her hip ...again... or worse . This is a good,sturdy harness and had a big D that a large leash snaps to. I had her secured with it and tied to the headrest in my little truck on way to Ark during a severe storm. If not for it, scared Dixie would have been in my lap and would have wrecked me. seriously speaking.
I plan on building a Bister box with a high back and securing the leash to that and the seat.... perhaps drilling a hole in the Bister box upper back and running a short piece of leash from there.. a short piece- to prevent dragging should she lean too far out and fall.

I'm verbally committed to a 2018 plain Roxor for a hair over 15 with BFG tires. including state tax. It has to have a usable pto in MS to qualify for tax discount unless things have changed . I heard it does have a possible pto hook up under there for that but I'd never rig it up to use so don't want to be looking over my shoulder.... so 7% was included in that price. Going tomorrow to get it. I've been shaking out the couch cushions but no...no extras.... for now anyways.

Last edited:

jose

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I'm going to buy a Roxor in the coming days/weeks or latest a month. I can still get my hands on the 2018's and I'm not really sure what the big draw to the 2019 would be for me... My use will be hunting in the delta of Mississippi which is renowned for its "gumbo" mud...brutal stuff.

That being said I'm going to want:
  1. New Aggressive Tires
  2. Lift
  3. 4x4 lockers
  4. Fold down window
  5. Rear seat
  6. Towing harness for my duck boat
Anything here in reasoning or priority that would drive me to a 2019 v 2018? I don't care about speed lockout or any of that, its going to have a 10 mile round trip span and be off road 99% of the time.

Thanks in advance, Z

Add the oil skid plates if you go for the 2018 model. 2019 has it standard.

Fitch

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the info. I wonder if that would be a "wide open" rpm for the Roxor. Im not really sure its made for those speeds continuous.

Not wide open by a long shot, it feels pretty relaxed and comfy at that RPM it'll rev up to like 3500 maybe higher but it sounds taxed at that RPM, that's the highest ive seen!

itsaroxorthing

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wonder if a 2019 speed sensor would up the top speed in a 2018.Anyone try that yet?

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’d suggest you buy an LE. I have had a 2018 for a year now, now and like you, I have no need for speed. It will come with a windshield and I’d suggest you will find you don’t need a fold down. It will also come with a winch which you will need in gumbo mud. The biggest improvement I’ve made to mine is changing from the BGF KO 2 tires to the new BFG KM3 in stock size. I have found no reason to lift. World of difference in traction. I also added 2 rear LED lights to the roll bar which you will find useful for rear illumination. I am still using the bikini top in SC just fine. And if u are tooling around in Mississippi I’d suggest it might work for you too.

How much you want to spend up fitting is a bottomless pit. It handles just like a stock CJ5. Unstoppable. However, locking hubs in the rear end might be nice and necessary in gumbo mud. I’ve yet to use my winch to get me out of a jam.

Just my 2 cents and advise. Call me if you like. 864-723-2818.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Agreed. You can unplug the speedometer on the 18's for sure, I did and mine will do 80. Not that you want to drive that fast on your Roxor, but keeping pace with traffic is nice.

Kswann

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

View attachment 3333
What dealer did you buy from?

wbully

Lifetime Member

View attachment 3333
I’d suggest you buy an LE. I have had a 2018 for a year now, now and like you, I have no need for speed. It will come with a windshield and I’d suggest you will find you don’t need a fold down. It will also come with a winch which you will need in gumbo mud. The biggest improvement I’ve made to mine is changing from the BGF KO 2 tires to the new BFG KM3 in stock size. I have found no reason to lift. World of difference in traction. I also added 2 rear LED lights to the roll bar which you will find useful for rear illumination. I am still using the bikini top in SC just fine. And if u are tooling around in Mississippi I’d suggest it might work for you too.

How much you want to spend up fitting is a bottomless pit. It handles just like a stock CJ5. Unstoppable. However, locking hubs in the rear end might be nice and necessary in gumbo mud. I’ve yet to use my winch to get me out of a jam.

Just my 2 cents and advise. Call me if you like. 864-723-2818.

what is an "LE" model?