ooooooooooo

BROKEN ECM PLUG LOCK

Gypsyjon

While changing out my ECM yesterday, I broke the clip/lock device that holds the ECM plug in place.
Now I am not sure if I can unplug the ECM plug or not. I tried but not very hard.
Am I in big trouble now?
Does this mean to get it working I will have to replace the ECM wiring harness? I hope not.

It runs fine without the lock device, but I am now wondering if the ECM plug is now locked to the ECM module.

What a bone headed move I made....

Words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes get us pics and we’ll come up with a work around.

Gypsyjon

Here are some pics. This is the piece that slides into the plug. When you lift the lever on top of the plug it slides this piece out so that the plug will disengage. The lever on top of the plug popped out of the plug, when I tried to get this piece to move out, it broke. I was not able to get the lever re-installed which is why I tried to get this piece to move out. I am guessing that some how it was locked into the plug and the lever on top may have allowed it to release. \
Any help will be appreciated.
I have a feeling that my plug is now locked in place on top of the ECU

PXL_20201102_205115018.jpg PXL_20201102_205122495.jpg PXL_20201102_205131334.jpg PXL_20201102_205229577.jpg

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
While changing out my ECM yesterday, I broke the clip/lock device that holds the ECM plug in place.
Now I am not sure if I can unplug the ECM plug or not. I tried but not very hard.
Am I in big trouble now?
Does this mean to get it working I will have to replace the ECM wiring harness? I hope not.

It runs fine without the lock device, but I am now wondering if the ECM plug is now locked to the ECM module.

What a bone headed move I made....

Words of wisdom would be much appreciated.
It’s not a very well made system. i had issues with the latch unplugging and plugging my new ECM. Id bet if you look around you can find this part somewhere on the net. Who ever you bought your ECM from probably knows where to get one.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
BOSCH makes the ECU: EDC17C55. You might find actually find parts.

This "lever lock" is pretty typical for an ECU connector. Mahindra could have used a better design: the lever and the body could be metal. The lever slips out of its pivots way too easy. Requires two hands: one to pull the slider, one to move the lever. (But its also not a car)

When I removed the ECU on my Roxor, i got the slider caught in the zip tie on the wiring harness that is way too close to the connector. I had to remove the zip tie in pieces and slowly wiggle the slider from the ECU.

You might search for BOSCH ECU connectors or BOSCH wiring harness connector. Try the ECU part number I mentioned on top.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not sure I was thinking each. Either way the shipping kills it.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looked at it closer, it's each. Shipping to Albania is insane. It's also insane to the US.

Hooray trade war

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
BOSCH makes the ECU: EDC17C55. You might find actually find parts.

This "lever lock" is pretty typical for an ECU connector. Mahindra could have used a better design: the lever and the body could be metal. The lever slips out of its pivots way too easy. Requires two hands: one to pull the slider, one to move the lever. (But its also not a car)

When I removed the ECU on my Roxor, i got the slider caught in the zip tie on the wiring harness that is way too close to the connector. I had to remove the zip tie in pieces and slowly wiggle the slider from the ECU.around last

You might search for BOSCH ECU connectors or BOSCH wiring harness connector. Try the ECU part number I mentioned on top.

I looked around last night. There are a lot of latch type parts out there. Will just take a bit of digging to fine the right one.