ooooooooooo

Badass Baby Jeep for 2022

MaineRox

I wonder if this had anything to do with the lawsuit. I can definitely see such a Jeep competing (maybe destroying) the Roxor.

"The unnamed vehicle will likely compete with the popular Suzuki Jimny, a Samurai successor sold outside of the United States. According to the report, the vehicle will be approximately 13 feet long, which will make it about a foot shorter than a Renegade or two-door Wrangler, but still two feet longer than a World War 2 Willys MB. "
'Badass' baby Jeep in the works for 2022

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Was just coming here to post this! Sounds like they finally realized the market that they were missing out on! Just because it's a "concept", doesn't mean it'll ever see a production line. I wouldn't be surprised if they developed this whole "concept" just to give them ammo in this lawsuit.. Well if nothing else, at least the Roxor is spawning competition!!

MaineRox

I wouldn't be surprised if they developed this whole "concept" just to give them ammo in this lawsuit.
I don't know abut that, since the concept was from 2016. (Good Youtube of it below.) But they probably revived it because of the Roxor (and lawsuit). Whatever the reason, I do hope it makes it to market. Looks cool.

Also, TFL guys video:

sandyx

Founding Member
“The car will be able to be used as a badass Jeep, but it has also been designed to be used every day,” Pigozzi said. That should point to plenty electrocraps.

Btw, Italy and India are not friendly nations. So this one might actually see the light if it helps the case.

Bhayarock

“The car will be able to be used as a badass Jeep, but it has also been designed to be used every day,” Pigozzi said. That should point to plenty electrocraps.

Btw, Italy and India are not friendly nations. So this one might actually see the light if it helps the case.

Lol...sure as if India or Italy give a rats ass to this lawsuit... and just to correct you both of the nations have strong economic ties and relations, not sure what do you mean by friendly ?‍♂️.

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If this concept ever made it to production, it would retail for 30K at least, and be full of useless gadgets...... I've delt wtih FCA customer service and warranty issues...... I'll pass!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A massively down-trimmed Wrangler will sell well.

Jeep has a habit of making a nice concept and then leaving it to rot or coming out with something completely different. A Jeep move here would be to foster excitement in the CJ/Wrangler community and them come out with some IFS/IRS mini crapo box crossover with a "jeepish" grill and then cry that no one buys the stuff when they "listen to the community".

The Jeep Skunkworks guys make neat stuff. They are not the issue. It's their lawyers/accounts/execs.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thank you for pointing that out. I didn't realize that the concept was older than I thought. I believe that there are brilliant people at all of these automotive companies and that many of them have the same taste/interests that we do, but that doesn't mean that they can convince the MGMT that their ideas will be profitable. I believe that we are the catalyst's in a very unique situation. We are huge fans of the "Jeep/CJ/Willy's" style of vehicle, but the modern manufacturer wouldn't deliver us an affordable, durable, appealing option. Along comes Mahindra, with their license to make the old "Willy's" and fulfills that need/want, and then FCA "Freaks out" about market share. If "they" made it before, we would have bought it, but they didn't, so we bought a Roxor. However this shakes out, hopefully it's a win for us! I don't mind FCA coming to market with a Roxor competitor it seems like a good thing! Maybe then we can get a decent hard top!!!

sandyx

Founding Member
Lol...sure as if India or Italy give a rats ass to this lawsuit... and just to correct you both of the nations have strong economic ties and relations, not sure what do you mean by friendly ?‍♂️.

Yeah hang on to that. Starting from Marines issue to their vote against Indian interests, they keep a grudge when none else cares. Anyway not a matter on topic to elaborate. We all would like to see a jeep again from Jeep but then what we get are antics like this

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No interest in baby Jeep. How does it reflect the utility of the CJ? Leave that outside and it will be a water logged mess with electrical shorts everywhere. Pathetic

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I do find it funny they call a vehicle larger than a CJ7 a ‘baby jeep’.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I wonder if this had anything to do with the lawsuit. I can definitely see such a Jeep competing (maybe destroying) the Roxor.

"The unnamed vehicle will likely compete with the popular Suzuki Jimny, a Samurai successor sold outside of the United States. According to the report, the vehicle will be approximately 13 feet long, which will make it about a foot shorter than a Renegade or two-door Wrangler, but still two feet longer than a World War 2 Willys MB. "
'Badass' baby Jeep in the works for 2022

Sorry. I had posted this after you in another thread. Maybe the Moderator can move or combine the two.

BDRAG

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I do find it funny they call a vehicle larger than a CJ7 a ‘baby jeep’.
How is it larger? About 13‘ long and a foot shorter than the current 2 door Jeep. Sounds very close to CJ numbers to me. Haven’t seen anything width But it looks to be about the width of a TJ.

DaveNH

IF this actually happened...a big IF...I don't think it has a prayer of seeing the US market.

1. They don't want to cannibalize Wrangler sales, especially with forthcoming competition from the new Bronco.

2. Iirc, the engine bay was shortened somewhat on the Shortcut, along with the body. It certainly looks shorter than a stock JK. If so, crumple zones will be an issue. It's the same reason why Jeep has said that there won't be a Hemi in the Wrangler. It'll fit, but with no space for crumple zones.

3. Targeting the Jimny, which can't be sold here, is an indication it might be a foreign market vehicle. They haven't really been able to sell significant numbers of Wranglers overseas. It doesn't have the payload/ towing of other overland type rigs, and it's significantly more expensive than smaller off roaders.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
IF this actually happened...a big IF...I don't think it has a prayer of seeing the US market.

1. They don't want to cannibalize Wrangler sales, especially with forthcoming competition from the new Bronco.

2. Iirc, the engine bay was shortened somewhat on the Shortcut, along with the body. It certainly looks shorter than a stock JK. If so, crumple zones will be an issue. It's the same reason why Jeep has said that there won't be a Hemi in the Wrangler. It'll fit, but with no space for crumple zones.

3. Targeting the Jimny, which can't be sold here, is an indication it might be a foreign market vehicle. They haven't really been able to sell significant numbers of Wranglers overseas. It doesn't have the payload/ towing of other overland type rigs, and it's significantly more expensive than smaller off roaders.

Also most export markets for Wranglers lack an "off-road scene" that would demand a solid axle framed rig. Europe's idea of ORV is an AWD Golf or Subaru.

Randy Burns

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you think this will take business away from Roxor then obviously you don't own one or understand it's market. It is still a plastic dash full of electronics, airbags, sensors, full of emission laden no mileage getting motor, electronically controlled everything, safe to drive on the road and look cool standard Jeep product that is more car than truely offroad capable. This is the whole reason Roxor is a success, we don't want that, there are a ton of people who like old school, we like it simple, easy to work on in the garage, great machine to modify and run forever rig. Lets do a power washer test for 25 times and see which one still runs, we all know which one will have more dash light that come on.......

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Let's be real here, Roxor still has a PCM. It's engine and gauge is still run completely run off said PCM. It is more old school simple than a JL nightmare? Yes, but until the CR system is removed, it aint my 1957 CJ5 either. IMO it's only flaws are a lack of decent top and a VE pump. I hoping Roxor fixes the former and I plan on fixing the latter.

We all have Roxors for different reasons but I bet you can sum them into roughly 10 basic catergories. Some of those will overlap with a cut down (sub $25k) JL. Most won't.