ooooooooooo

Arizona licensing

Joe1877

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do you know if someone from out of state can get a AZ plate? Is it full size or motorcycle size. I'm from Colo and trying to get road legal. Figured if I got a MC small plate would be getting pulled over here. Thanks

Lett Rox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It is a motorcycle size plate. I believe you have to be a resident of AZ as you have to show ID and proof of AZ insurance.

Joe1877

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My niece lives down there so I could probably get the plate but still a MC size. Thank you for the info.

Moe

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE 83
I have the MC plate on mine, but it was much more money because with the MC plate you have to pay vehicle license tax. You go lucky if it only cost you 8!

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
AZ is probably the easiest state to register a Roxor. I probably bought the 5th or 6th Roxor in AZ, and supposedly 2 or 3 of those went out of state. So maybe 3rd or 4th registered in AZ and it wasn't hard at all.

You shouldn't / wouldn't leave the dealer unless you pay full VLT. It weighs over 1,800 lbs so you are not escaping paying full use tax like any other road vehicle. The only thing they should ask you to do at MVD or 3rd party reg office is sign the affidavit you have license plate light because at bare minimum you already have everything else. And insurance.

Lessons learned, AutoZone/Oreilly's/Pep Boys sell an inexpensive license plate holder/LED light. Get that one! Don't go to Ride Now and get the "UTV kit" one. It's like $10 vs $50. I made my own and it was like $20. Should have looked 1st.

Caveat, windshield, just get one. One cop will interpret the law differently from another. Plus its better than goggles. The one at Nash is recommended unless you want to buy my CJ5 older style hinge, Roxor ready as it is.

Turn signals, not required by law but I recommend it. Less people flip you off. I rolled my own for under $50, but I had the lights. I've been perfecting it since.

Once registered, insured, windshield highly recommended, and turn signals (recommended not mandatory by law) you can drive it anywhere in AZ. Get the ECU flashed to eliminate the 45/55 MPH limiter and yes you can drive it on the freeway IN ARIZONA. It drives like any BRAND NEW leaf sprung non-ABS Jeep on the road.

You can reach me through here or look up Arizona 1266 on FB and YT.

Last edited:

Dakkar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Agree with i303’s points spot on. USPS lost my original paperwork and local MVD charged me $5 to do replacement Title and plus $9 annually for registration.... or at least that’s what the lady at MVD accomplished for me as Primary Off Road use. Right or wrong I’m happy with the $9 a year plus ridiculous Game and Fish UTV fee. She advised me to make sure the Game and Fish fee is renewed first otherwise MVD will have to charge me Full Vehicle Usage. Time will tell next December.

In regards to licenses plate lights I ordered these last week and I have yet had time to install but think it’s a cool solution https://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge-11233-10-License-Plate/dp/B074MLZ2DL

Moe

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE 83
I was the first Roxor sold in the state of AZ, and they did not charge me any VLT at the purchase at Nash. That's why I had to pay it when switching from a UTV to MC plate.

It is a very easy state to plate the unit, and as stated above it allows full road use throughout the state.