ooooooooooo

Am I missing anything for the street?

IdahoTory

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
About to purchase a 2022 All-Weather. In the beginning, my Roxor will be a daily driver. I live a few dirt roads away from the pavement and tend to recreate (pulling a dirt bike trailer) in areas that are much the same. I drive off-road every day, and although there are plenty of days that you can’t make it to my house without 4WD, it’s not like you need a rock crawler to summit my driveway. This first pass of upgrades is to make the Roxor more streetable.

Am I missing anything? I have researched most of these mods already, but I’m also looking for any recommendations you may want to throw my way.

Will do:
  • Computer tune
  • EGR delete
  • Intake connection Kit (open to other ideas on this)
  • DOT Glass windshield/Wiper relocate
  • Manual wheel locks (Warn?)
  • Radio/Navigation (looking for a head unit with a display that can navigate offroad, but it may not be feasible with the HVAC plumbing)
  • Turn Signal Kit
  • 2” Class 3 Receiver Hitch (Bumper maybe?)
  • 7-way trailer plug
  • Spare tire/Spare tire mount
  • Rear roll bars (self fabricate?)
Potential future wants:
  • Modest Lift (w/larger tires)
  • Rear Locker (for heavy snow and occasional mud but not looking to crawl)
  • Sound deadening of the tub and under the hood (DynaMat/DynaDeck)
  • Swaybar disconnect links or delete (depending on how it drives)
  • Cadillac Muffler (AKA the quietest muffler I can fit on there)

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey I used to be from that area but now live in Northern Utah. I have a 2020 and I redid my entire roll cage. Sway bar I completely removed it and see zero difference. I drive alot of offroad and pavement and I feel it offered no benefit but it sure loosens up the front in for fixablity. Your doing all these things to reduce sound but the stock rox is already super quite compared to noisy a sxs. I have Mile maker hubs, I've heard warn are hard to find now. I leveled mine with the Rough country kit and you will want to upgrade the shocks.

COROX

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Definitely agree regarding the shocks. I just replaced the original shocks (1,000 miles) with KYBs. A huge difference. The originals are junk.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@IdahoTory: check with your county if they allow UTV / small plates on roads outside city limits.

I posted this in your post a few days ago, but it does not show up. Posting it again....

My county in Idaho does not allow them on county roads. No issues within city limits, but I live +10 miles outside of town.

I thought it was an Idaho statewide regulation. A few weeks ago,, another member pointed out to me that a few years back, the state let counties make that decision.
The county he lives in allows UTVs on county roads.

A couple of years ago another member sold his machine because his county (I think he was in New Meadow) also did not allow them on county roads. He kept getting pulled over.

Let me know what you find.
Idaho I thought u were in AZ

IdahoTory

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hey I used to be from that area but now live in Northern Utah. I have a 2020 and I redid my entire roll cage. Sway bar I completely removed it and see zero difference. I drive alot of offroad and pavement and I feel it offered no benefit but it sure loosens up the front in for fixablity. Your doing all these things to reduce sound but the stock rox is already super quite compared to noisy a sxs. I have Mile maker hubs, I've heard warn are hard to find now. I leveled mine with the Rough country kit and you will want to upgrade the shocks.
I for sure agree they are magnitudes less noisy than a typical SxS but I'm pretty good with the dynamat. It's also helps insulate when you have heat and A/C. I found the same with the Warn hubs. The ones I could find in stock were very pricey compared to the MM hubs. I think I will go with the MM's.

Will come back around for the Rough country Kit and shocks. Figure I will put a few thousand on it before I do that though.

IdahoTory

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
@IdahoTory: check with your county if they allow UTV / small plates on roads outside city limits.

I posted this in your post a few days ago, but it does not show up. Posting it again....

My county in Idaho does not allow them on county roads. No issues within city limits, but I live +10 miles outside of town.

I thought it was an Idaho statewide regulation. A few weeks ago,, another member pointed out to me that a few years back, the state let counties make that decision.
The county he lives in allows UTVs on county roads.

A couple of years ago another member sold his machine because his county (I think he was in New Meadow) also did not allow them on county roads. He kept getting pulled over.

Let me know what you find.

I live in Ada County

If you look towards the bottom of that link there is a spreadsheet (below) that lays it all out. The way it could be read is that it would apply to every county in the state but the link URL could also mean that it only applies in Ada county Idaho (more likely). I wondered that exact thing and found the post that you may have been referring to. I PM'd the member I think you were referencing "WillysJeep" from New Meadows. If he sold his Roxor that could be why he hasn't replied to my message... ha!

I'm leaning towards just doing it... My Roxor will take a second glance to realize its a SxS and it will have all the street equipment. I really wanted to know how much his Roxor stuck out in New Meadows? Was it a base model without a windshield or did it have all the street gear on it? For me I don't go that way very often. Although I spend a lot of time in Valley County in Cascade and McCall, I don't go far enough west to get into Adams county.

Mostly I wonder what the tickets and fines would be like if I got pulled over on a state highway like ID 55 with the restricted plates.

1676330215837.png

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, WillysJeep is the member I thought of. His Roxor was a very bright orange. In one of his posts, he described having a conversation with a local LEO who really liked his Roxor, but also pointed out he could not drive it on the roads.

I agree that the way the Idaho DOT regulation reads, there is room for interpretation.
Well, you can run from Boise to Kuna to Caldwell and never leave a city = not on county roads. And the city's kee pool merging closer and closer anyway.
Kuna I was in Q-na