ooooooooooo

ALAS, NO JOY IN MUDVILLE-AND THE NORTH GA MOUNTIANS--THE MIGHTY STEVE HAS STRUCK OUT!

Roxor Tin Man

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After spending over an hour in the local tag agency, I have learned that until the words NOT STREET LEGAL are removed from the MCO that they will never be allowed to be tagged in Ga. I was reminded of how workers in these offices are tunnel visioned and could care less.

I presented my argument with vigor and expertise, only to be looked at blankley and told NO, we're not gonna do that. I also asked about replica/kit car to be told NO. A total of 7 including me have been attempted to obtain a tag, without success. Knowing that the money is the root, I appealed about all the tax money being missed. This made no difference much to my surprise.

Nothing was said about equipment on the ROXOR, they could not get past the above three words. I suspect that no action will be taken by anyone, unless a fire is built under our local representatives. Meanwhile DIRT LEGAL looms large. Any further information on this saga will be given

Steve ROXOR TIN MAN, Talking Rock Ga.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have given up my quest in SC. The DMV simply complies with the statues. The devil is in the details of statues regulating Rtv, atvs, golf cars, slow moving vehicles, etc. I suggest you study them. I know in rural farm areas of GA and costal areas various types of the previously mentioned vehicles run rampant. I have settled for a golf car permit in SC which meets my needs.

As for the service Dirt Legal offers they may be able to get you a tag and tile from another state, which you then carry to the DMV and convert to your state, but you are circumventing the law. And if there is a problem, then that simply adds to the pile of problems you might be charged with.

I have looked at the statues in SC and studied drafting legislation to make the ROXOR street legal, but keep coming to a dead end. ROXOR went to a lot of trouble to make them not for highway use for a lot of reasons.

Look into the golf car statues.

Rmodel65

I sent you a pm. On how to get it done.let me know I dont off road so unless I can buy to drive on the street a roxor is useless to me. But with the way I sent you I believe you will get. a tag forGeorgia. Let me know if you do because if you get one I'll be buying a roxor

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I sent you a pm. On how to get it done.let me know I dont off road so unless I can buy to drive on the street a roxor is useless to me. But with the way I sent you I believe you will get. a tag forGeorgia. Let me know if you do because if you get one I'll be buying a roxor
Would you mind sharing your idea with me? Sounds Interesting and I'm I the same boat:)

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If good faith and honesty does not beget the results it should, then shifty yet legal is the obligatory response. I applaud you for trying the upfront and honest way.

Roxor Tin Man

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have sent a request to meet with our area rep. Figured I'd try the "the state is missing this much revenue per unit" approach. will keep forum posted. I cancelled the Dirt Legal route, after discussing with local Sheriff's.

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Rmodel65 - I am in SC and interested in how you suggest getting it done. Would you please privat message me the details?

I’ve really researched the SC code and you are nearly have to get an exemption of some sort. Whatever modifications are made to the vehicle, we are still running into a stone wall because of the “not for highway use” on the MSO

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I briefly read Michigan bill HB5639. It looks workable. You can access it on line. Tin Man you might want to familiarize yourself with it before meeting with your legislator.

Rmodel65

You dont use the mso at all! You get the vin verification done and you're building a replica...you will not get a title from your mso only registration and a plate...

Rmodel65

Rmodel65 - I am in SC and interested in how you suggest getting it done. Would you please privat message me the details?

I’ve really researched the SC code and you are nearly have to get an exemption of some sort. Whatever modifications are made to the vehicle, we are still running into a stone wall because of the “not for highway use” on the MSO

This would be a Georgia way not SC

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Regardless, would you send me the process. I might be able to pick a few pieces out.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
After spending over an hour in the local tag agency, I have learned that until the words NOT STREET LEGAL are removed from the MCO that they will never be allowed to be tagged in Ga. I was reminded of how workers in these offices are tunnel visioned and could care less.

I presented my argument with vigor and expertise, only to be looked at blankley and told NO, we're not gonna do that. I also asked about replica/kit car to be told NO. A total of 7 including me have been attempted to obtain a tag, without success. Knowing that the money is the root, I appealed about all the tax money being missed. This made no difference much to my surprise.

Nothing was said about equipment on the ROXOR, they could not get past the above three words. I suspect that no action will be taken by anyone, unless a fire is built under our local representatives. Meanwhile DIRT LEGAL looms large. Any further information on this saga will be given

Steve ROXOR TIN MAN, Talking Rock Ga.

Dirt Legal will take care of you! They took my MCO and I recieved a full vehicle title. All 100% legal and legit. You have to make sure that your ROXOR has all the required to operate in your state though.

Try them out! I dont usually pump up a company, but these guys got the impossible done! I have full size plates and its legal everywhere.

Last edited:

Rmodel65

Dirt Legal will take care of you! They took my MCO and I recieved a full vehicle title. All 100% legal and legit. You have to make sure that your ROXOR has all the required to operate in your state though.

Try them out! I dont usually pump up a company, but these guys the impossible done! I have full size plates and its legal everywhere.

Try them out! I dont usually pump up a company, but these guys the impossible done! I have full size plates and its legal everywhere.

Are you in georgia? And if so did you transfer your out of state plates to Georgia? Or are you driving on an out of state plate still

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Look guys, we have to recognize and acknowledge that Mahindra went to a lot of trouble to make the ROXOR not licennsable as produced. So, we have to figure out work arounds state by state. I am going to study the MI bill HB5639. It looks workable. I know in SC the Roxor cannot be legally titled and licensed. But, I am not giving up and will advise.

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Are you in georgia? And if so did you transfer your out of state plates to Georgia? Or are you driving on an out of state plate still

Not in Georgia. I sent Dirt legal my MCO, like 5 weeks later I got a vehicle title. I took that title to the DMV and transferred into my name. And I got full size plates. They treat it like a repilica. No problems all legit. They guarantee it or you dont pay. Legal and easy!