Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has anyone installed the vintage ac unit and if so how does it work. Pros/Cons

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I haven't heard of anyone doing so, I would assume it would be very easy. Probably a basic vintage Air unit would work

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
AC? Whole purpose of the Rox is enjoy the open air. Unless you have a hard top on yours or plan on keeping it enclosed in the summer then I guess but why complicate the Rox. The Rox is simple thats why it's so popular. I'm with Jeeper50 just buy a Fiat/jeep Mall crawler if you want AC.

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am considering the Vintage A/C as the summer in Las Vegas can be a bit warmer than most places. If you need some opinions of folks that have installed the unit, check on the Roxor folks who post on Fakebook. They seem to think it is effective.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I drove a 85CJ7 In Phoenix. We installed a AC unit in it, but ultimately running the bikini top was used more. Have to be in shade running without a top its way to hot. I don't get why they want to install an AC

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
AC in the Roxor is a great option for those of us in the extreme hot states but unfortunately the high costs of the cab that is needed to keep the cold air inside the Roxor negates that option as you are now as expensive as a Jeep or very close to it (New vs new).

me I just want an affordable metal top for the 4 seat ROPS that looks good and meshes well with my OTR windshield

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is an affordable option lol. jk

Screenshot_20210301-194814~2.png

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I drove a 85CJ7 In Phoenix. We installed a AC unit in it, but ultimately running the bikini top was used more. Have to be in shade running without a top its way to hot. I don't get why they want to install an AC
I guess there Is just no accounting for other peoples’ poor taste. I think it all really just boils down to individual preference.

Ridem32

I would live a/c in mine. Just waiting on the price to come down some. Summer is Mississippi is hot lol. We love a/c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got the Mahindra Dealer in St. George, UT to install my Vintage Heat and A/C unit. Works great but had to install a 45 degree platstic pipe elbow into it to get one of the Louvres to aim at the driver. Will probably outfit a second one. Cost was 1400 with an additional 800 for complete installation. I am not mechanically inclined.

Ridem32

I got the Mahindra Dealer in St. George, UT to install my Vintage Heat and A/C unit. Works great but had to install a 45 degree platstic pipe elbow into it to get one of the Louvres to aim at the driver. Will probably outfit a second one. Cost was 1400 with an additional 800 for complete installation. I am not mechanically inclined.

Can you get me your dealer phone number? I might order a a/c kit from them

Greg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am considering the Vintage A/C as the summer in Las Vegas can be a bit warmer than most places. If you need some opinions of folks that have installed the unit, check on the Roxor folks who post on Fakebook. They seem to think it is effective.
Diesel Freek has a much better ac unit and windshield and all weather cab.
I have a new Roxor with all weather cab in Texas. The all weather cab and vintage ac from Mahindra is not worth the money.
Needs much improvement.

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would live a/c in mine. Just waiting on the price to come down some. Summer is Mississippi is hot lol. We love a/c

I am sorry for I just now saw your request. MotoZoo in St George Utah and their number is 435-652-2640. Good Luck with them. Best regards, Dog

G.Tallant

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m going to put a 12v unit on mine. Has a scrambler hard top. Gonna mount it on the bulkhead behind the seats

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m going to put a 12v unit on mine. Has a scrambler hard top. Gonna mount it on the bulkhead behind the seats
I would be very interested to hear how your ac project comes out both goods and bads. Mine is ok for now but you just never know. Any pictures you might like to share how it was accomplished would be a real bonus. Anyth you might want to share would be most appreciated.

Good luck with your endeavor,

dog

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’d call wade on that one. @dieselfreak can these be mounted on a vertical surface? I‘m thinking they won’t function properly. The condensation from these will probably spill into the cab the way you want to mount It. They’re designed to be mounted on a horizontal surface.