ooooooooooo

Adventure thread

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Maybe I have missed it here. Was just thinking that it would be nice to have folks log in and say hey, Im going to be in some faraway place to play, who wants to join me. each spring for the last several years I have been playing in Moab in Late Mar/Apr. So those of you that like to get out with like minded folks, speak up. Love the idea of some medwest rides so it is not too far to go for some. East and west rides would be great also.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m down for Moab but unfortunately that timeframe won’t work for me. Be sure to avoid safari, that week won’t be good at all unless your into crowds. Once schools out in June I’m down. Best I could get away with in that time frame is about 2 days during the first week of March. Much too far to risk the weather cooperating considering it’s probably still way too cold for us southern folk that time of year. first 2 weeks in June works for me. It’ll be warm but nothing we’re not used to. I can deal with heat, it’s the cold that I can’t cope with. It’s going to be high 70’s maybe even 80 tomorrow down here.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am with you on the cold. Being from alaska and Washington I am done with the cold. I have been doing the Moab thing on a tw200 with several other enthusiasts. The roxor will be an nw adventure.
hopefully other will get on this with us and make it an outting for family fun. Is a great place to play and from easy to steel benders. Personally I like slow and gentle. Not into extreme rock bashing.
Hopefully folks will join and set a date. Is great fun for sure.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I used to get up there with another forum in my Jeep day Every May/June. Remember a few cool guys (father/son) from Washington that always made the trip. Sadly I sold my Jeep and left that forum and when I came back a few years later to see what was going on the forum was defunct and I haven’t been able to see what those guys were up too. Like I said if it’s in June count me in. Would love to hit the trails with other Roxors.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
sounds like a destination. Just a matter of picking a date. I am sure others will join in. Especially those that live in the area.
I noticed in Moab they rent them;. for the prices they rent them I am sure they pay off in one season.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Why moab when there are plenty of trails along the way to explore without another party behind you pushing you along. I've been jeeping for over 40 years and the overhyped moab has never been one of them. My brother inlaw has a Fiat 2013 Wrangler, he thinks thats the only place to test your rig. I grew up exploring trails in AZ back before they have been further torn up and all ghosttown structures have been looted and destroyed. I'm in Utah now, my Rox has been to Moab on a trailer passing through. Enjoy the crowds and there are plenty of trails to explore and test ur rig without the expense and hype of Moab

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I will be doing AZ also. It does not matter to me where or when. If you have an area that you would like to host, feel free to put it out there. Not all of us are lucky enough to live near great riding areas. seems most place in the east are pay to play. I love the BLM land to meet and greet and share experiences.
As far as testing my rig, is not why I go. I love to get out and see the country, history, animals and such. The roxor is just a wonderful conveyence to get me there.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I too would love to participate for any rides in AZ. I don’t see Moab in my future as I have no way to tow the Roxor. I live in the northwest corner of Peoria and can ride a very short distance to connect with many trails. It’s very roadworthy to drive further via roads, just not out of state. i can make just about any dates, times work and will keep an eye on this thread.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I will be doing AZ also. It does not matter to me where or when. If you have an area that you would like to host, feel free to put it out there. Not all of us are lucky enough to live near great riding areas. seems most place in the east are pay to play. I love the BLM land to meet and greet and share experiences.
As far as testing my rig, is not why I go. I love to get out and see the country, history, animals and such. The roxor is just a wonderful conveyence to get me there.
I get it, I couldn't handle living in the east to pay to play.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I too would love to participate for any rides in AZ. I don’t see Moab in my future as I have no way to tow the Roxor. I live in the northwest corner of Peoria and can ride a very short distance to connect with many trails. It’s very roadworthy to drive further via roads, just not out of state. i can make just about any dates, times work and will keep an eye on this thread.
I've taken my stock Silverado up Crown King the back way in 06. Used every skid plate/frame rails and some under body damage. Passed 3 jeep clubs along the way all the while my father telling me it gets better. It got better when we hit asphalt at the top. Back then that truck way my daily driver, still is but with great battle scars and a story. My longer wheel base got me past a jeep club that had to build up a ledge to get through. Very stressful drive

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
arizona Johnny,
Being you know the trails and hopefully camping areas in your local, feel free to share that with us. I spent some time in Quartzite last year. Will be going back. Love to ride with locals that know the special places that us tourists never get in the back country to see.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You give me too much credit! I moved here recently from Chicago and have only ran 350 miles so far in the Roxor since purchasing. Connected with a couple of side x side events so I could start to familiarize myself with the trail system. They have now suspended all rides due to COVID. Tried riding once by myself, got a flat and due to the heat was in trouble until some passerby’s help me out. I ran cj’s back home for years, but it was all in mud, cooler temps and oh yes, I was much younger...I am open to sharing more on the area once I get out to experience more.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Right
You give me too much credit! I moved here recently from Chicago and have only ran 350 miles so far in the Roxor since purchasing. Connected with a couple of side x side events so I could start to familiarize myself with the trail system. They have now suspended all rides due to COVID. Tried riding once by myself, got a flat and due to the heat was in trouble until some passerby’s help me out. I ran cj’s back home for years, but it was all in mud, cooler temps and oh yes, I was much younger...I am open to sharing more on the area once I get out to experience more.
Right above lake pleasant is the old crown king road. Super cool ride takes u up to the pines. Many ghost towns along the way

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thing about Moab is it’s iconic for one. And second there is tons of info by ways of guide books, forums and youtube on the trails around Moab. I was looking at going to Arizona, it’s about the same distance except trail info isn’t as easily accessible. what it boils down for me is I’ve been to Moab and have an idea of what to expect in ways of trails, lodging and the town. Not so much with arizona or any other state for that matter. I’d love to wheel around New Mexico as well but again I know nothing of what’s there and worth the time to do. Anyone use one of those apps designed to help locate trails and have maps and trail info?

WillysJeep

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I use onX Offroad. It is very detailed, works without cell service and even has 3D. I have used it around where I live and I am pretty remote. It is a GPS for trail riding. Not too bad on the pricing either I think it was $29.99 for a year.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If any one here is new to Moab, here is a great easy to follow guide for the trails down there. Well worth the purchase price.

Screenshot_20201223-152133~2.png

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
so glad to see interest picking up. How warm is it getting in June? I have heard spring and fall are the best times to be there. hopefully we can make it so the most can make it as work schedules have to be dealt with by some.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Spring and fall are best but summer is when folks with kids can get away. Early June isn’t bad. Lows are 40-50’s I think with highs in the 80-90’s. Basically start off with a jacket and shed it about the time you hit the trails. I’m used to the heat down here in south texas but we have 90’s with like 70% or higher humidity. No matter what the high temp out there in the desert is it is tolerable considering where I’m coming from. Look at a weather page and check out the seasonal temps based on month. That should help you decide a good time. I know those high temps seem unbearable to the northern folk, about the same as your low temps are to us down south.