ooooooooooo

Adding AC/Heat and required additions

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am looking at putting in a AC/Heat combo from Restomodair. Bantam II Ultra Compact Custom Air Conditioning Kit by Restomod Air

I am getting advice on power needs ( DC-DC charging and second batteries ) on Friday. My question is should I look into the electric fan conversion, a larger radiator or will the current stock cooling set up be sufficient that I shouldn't worry about it. Also if there are any other considerations I am not thinking about please let me know. The reason I don't want to use the Roxor heater is because it doesn't have AC which ill need in Texas, and the AC that is offered is a rooftop model that I don't think is very practical. Thanks

B

Bister

Roxor has the Vintage A/C setup besides the roof top one.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
1500 bucks an no ability to defrost tho. do you need any additional considerations with the vintage option?
There is another one that I went with since the vintage hasn’t arrived after almost 4 weeks made by dfk that I am going to use that is supposed to have a defrost and it looks like a Wrangler a/c unit

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There is another one that I went with since the vintage hasn’t arrived after almost 4 weeks made by dfk that I am going to use that is supposed to have a defrost and it looks like a Wrangler a/c unit
where did you find that kit? I looked on DKF.cz but all I found was their hard cab kits

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
where did you find that kit? I looked on DKF.cz but all I found was their hard cab kits
Asked my dealership

D2109EC6-EDE7-4093-AC62-1E1344A1AC1B.jpeg F280227A-5C5B-47B4-B8CC-B2AF6ABEAD43.jpeg 1CD69B11-3F9B-4244-801E-B444F6684192.jpeg 1233242A-E2DC-4EC1-826E-2556C6AC1606.jpeg

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Definitely is. My family has a cabin near houghton
thanks for the info, I got a price on it today. Do you think it was worth it? would you do it again? could just do a straight heater for 200-500 bucks. Is AC needed for a vehicle like this? that's what I'm trying to figure out

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
thanks for the info, I got a price on it today. Do you think it was worth it? would you do it again? could just do a straight heater for 200-500 bucks. Is AC needed for a vehicle like this? that's what I'm trying to figure out
I would do it again on those hot days in rush hour I rather be cool then burning up.

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
They added a defrost kit for the Vintage a/c unit. A little late to the party again. lol

DEFROST ADD ON KIT FOR VINTAGE HEAT & A/C|ROXOR Offroad

I just saw that today, I'm glad I didn't order that other kit yet. I think I'm going to go with the factory vintage set up with the defrost kit. do you think it pushes enough air to use two defrost kits or will one be enough to clear the glass? This will spend most of its life in Northern Michigan and Ontario, that's the thought behind the question.

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Have you guys considered electric heated clothes that are used in motorcycles. Seems way cheaper, easier and more effective. I just wired my roxor up for it. Takes about 15 minutes.

To me ac/heat only can work with a full enclosure. At which point you are adding thousands to the roxor cost but also a lot more complexity. If I went that route I'd just get a wrangler.

B

Bister

I use mine all winter in -20 and -30, I like my enclosure and heater, and I still wear a lot of cloths. lol

If you think the enclosure is pricey, you don't want see what the plow cost. lol.

All in fun Cshama.

IMG_4392.JPGIMG_4648.JPGIMG_5853.JPGIMG_5855.JPG

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Have you guys considered electric heated clothes that are used in motorcycles. Seems way cheaper, easier and more effective. I just wired my roxor up for it. Takes about 15 minutes.

To me ac/heat only can work with a full enclosure. At which point you are adding thousands to the roxor cost but also a lot more complexity. If I went that route I'd just get a wrangler.
I see your point, and its not a bad option. I want AC because I'm currently in Texas, and I want the heater because ill be back in Michigan's UP in a few short years. I am trying to get a permanent hard roof designed and fabricated, removable rear panels and a rear hatch. I will be having a enclosure behind the seats made of some sort of canvas with a clear material to act as some kind of window. This will create a decent enclosure with half doors, enough to be comfortable rolling around Texas, maybe not in traffic but on the move I should be fine. I will eventually get some full doors built but I think that will wait till I get back to Michigan.