ooooooooooo

Add a leaf? Shocks? Looking to beef up my suspension.

Zephyr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
He everyone. I am looking for ideas on best way to beef up suspension to accommodate more weight. I am having a custom front bumper fabricated with a game basket for carrying corn - protein- and critters. Any ideas would be appreciated. I don't know how much shocks would actually help.

Thanks,

Zephyr

JDM

He everyone. I am looking for ideas on best way to beef up suspension to accommodate more weight. I am having a custom front bumper fabricated with a game basket for carrying corn - protein- and critters. Any ideas would be appreciated. I don't know how much shocks would actually help.

Thanks,

Zephyr

i am in the same boat you were in. What did you end up doing to beef up? I have a heavy front bumper, winch, heavy custom windshield, custom steel game tray on the rear with a 100 lb. corn feeder

928dennis

I have been the Add A Leaf route, I don't recommend it. The ride is rought if your going to offroad, go with the Rough Country kit. 299.00 shipped and add a pair of KYB # KG 5473 Gas A Adjust 77.00 a pair. This system rides very well and adds 2 1/2" of travel to the front. I am going to come up with a part number for the rear and post it here in a day or 2. The stock front end in not up to moderate offroading, will bet the crap out off you. I have put several hundred miles offoading and speak from my own experience.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went with the dirt legal leveling kit, it does level out the machine nicely but it puts the front of the spring way to low. I am definitely looking for something different to properly lift the front end.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just installed the On The Rox leveling spring kit, huge difference in spring thickness and I think the factory set up should have included something like this if you have the winch, windshield options installed.

928dennis

I have been saying this for the last several months, in stock form they are not up to moderate offroading. Mahindra should have put a heavier spring on the LE model's, I took allot of crap over in the General forum about suggesting this. One guy even said his rode as smooth as a Cadillac! I have been a offroader for years and would like to think I know a little about it. I went with the Rough Country kit and that made a huge difference. Also added a rear locker, bigger tires and removed the front sway bar. Works wsy better offroad now, I don't get beat up as bad. Did install KYB shocks all the way around.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have been saying this for the last several months, in stock form they are not up to moderate offroading. Mahindra should have put a heavier spring on the LE model's, I took allot of crap over in the General forum about suggesting this. One guy even said his rode as smooth as a Cadillac! I have been a offroader for years and would like to think I know a little about it. I went with the Rough Country kit and that made a huge difference. Also added a rear locker, bigger tires and removed the front sway bar. Works wsy better offroad now, I don't get beat up as bad. Did install KYB shocks all the way around.
Hey Dennis, did you use the same KYB part number for the back shocks as well?
I’m installing my 2.5” rancho lift this week.
Thank you!

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just installed the On The Rox leveling spring kit, huge difference in spring thickness and I think the factory set up should have included something like this if you have the winch, windshield options installed.

How exactly does the spring orientation reversal work here? Can I not just mount my stock springs "backwards?"

Vanishingpoint

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It changes where the shackles are back vs front of the axle.
On a side note, I recommend air bags either alone or in addition.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So
It changes where the shackles are back vs front of the axle.
On a side note, I recommend air bags either alone or in addition.
There's no shackle on one side? Never had leaf sprung vehicle

Vanishingpoint

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On the Roxor, the shackle is in the front. When you hit a bump, the spring has to move toward the bump to compress which is less ideal.