ooooooooooo

2022 with 538 Gears Question

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Anybody know what speed a 2022 with stock 538 gears, will Tach out. In other words how fast will they go when the engine is maxed out in RPMs.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Use the ratios listed here and the gear calculator link to plug in the what ifs. Roxor re gearing questions - Team ROXOR Forum - Unofficial Mahindra ROXOR Off-road Community!

with that said I ended up doing 4.88s and 33s. I’m happy with my cruise rpms and power level with a stage 1 tune. I believe redline is 3200 rpm. So you’ll want to plug in those Tran ratios and a rearend ration of 5.38. Then either change the rpms or speed to see what you have and if your happy at that speed/rpm. Also look into a lift and taller tires to see if that helps. You might be a set of 32s or 33s away from being at an acceptable speed/rpm ratio.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Page from repair manual showing RPM.
Screenshot_20220109-203417_Drive.jpg

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I looked at that but way too technical for me. I will wait until the weather is nice and see just how fast it will run. I was going to do a tune but not sure if it will not tach out before the extra power and unlimited speed even makes a difference.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I looked at that but way too technical for me. I will wait until the weather is nice and see just how fast it will run. I was going to do a tune but not sure if it will not tach out before the extra power and unlimited speed even makes a difference.
That little tractor motor will run forever at 2400 rpm. I would not push it past that for extended periods. I am running the 3.73 in my 19 and is so comfortable at 2000rpm at 60mph. depending on where you like to drive, some folks in here do some trading. An axle swap can be found.

I think that with so many putting these rigs on the road, Mahindra decided to gear them down and slow them to the point being road legal is mute.

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
That little tractor motor will run forever at 2400 rpm. I would not push it past that for extended periods. I am running the 3.73 in my 19 and is so comfortable at 2000rpm at 60mph. depending on where you like to drive, some folks in here do some trading. An axle swap can be found.

I think that with so many putting these rigs on the road, Mahindra decided to gear them down and slow them to the point being road legal is mute.
If it will run 60 I am good. Not sure it will though.

BookBarbarian

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've got a 2020 with 538s. With stock tire size going to the limiter at 55mph you'll be at 2679 rpms. With the limiter removed via tune you could get to 60 at 2922 rpms and 66 mph at 3200. I agree with plumbstraight. The gear change (which happened right in the middle of the FCA lawsuit) was to further the idea that these are "offroad only" machines despite them being perfectly fine road goers.

With bigger ties you can fool the limiter though. Going up to 285/75/r16s you could get to 62 with the limiter. I've got 315/75/r16s and at 2679 where the limiter would be I'm at 66mph. So if you want to get to 60+ without a tune, you can do it with a lift and tires ;). which you might want to get anyway.

I'd still recommend getting a dieselfreak stage 2 with limiter removal and even EGR removal from the get go. The extra umph from a tune is really appreciated even just for puttering around on roads and easy trails and I can hit 70+ if I want to (but I usually don't).

TnRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Anybody know what speed a 2022 with stock 538 gears, will Tach out. In other words how fast will they go when the engine is maxed out in RPMs.
My 2020 with 5.38 gears and a stage 1 tune will run 67 at around 3300 to 3500 rpms

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Y
Use the ratios listed here and the gear calculator link to plug in the what ifs. Roxor re gearing questions - Team ROXOR Forum - Unofficial Mahindra ROXOR Off-road Community!

with that said I ended up doing 4.88s and 33s. I’m happy with my cruise rpms and power level with a stage 1 tune. I believe redline is 3200 rpm. So you’ll want to plug in those Tran ratios and a rearend ration of 5.38. Then either change the rpms or speed to see what you have and if your happy at that speed/rpm. Also look into a lift and taller tires to see if that helps. You might be a set of 32s or 33s away from being at an acceptable speed/rpm ratio.
Yeah, I'm running 5:38's with a 5 speed in my 2018. I'm hoping with 35's my RPM will be cool at 60mph...

Nathan/Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the stage 2 tune from Diesel Feak, stock 16" tires, on highway, 65mph she sings at 3300-3400rpm.
The 5.38's gotta go, I have a 4x4shop up here in Jax FL that does 4x4's gear changes, I understand the front and rear Have to be changed but finding 3.73's to change over have been unsure to them, they are unsure what Dana 44 ring/pinion (3.73's) will fit the Stock Roxor with the 5.38's stock set-up. So question what 3.73 gears do they need to order to replace the 5.38's???
Thanks in Advance
Nathan.......

GnadenAce

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It won't live long at that rpm. It is not a gas engine
I'm not familiar with this diesel engine, but I was a heavy equipment mechanic for the families mining operation. I've bought and worked on many brands of diesel engines from one cylinder gen sets to 1300HP 1000RPM V-12 CAT 3512's, Diesel engines are almost always governed, there is no danger in running them against the governor and there is no red line where the valves will float and you'll have damage like on a gasoline engine. You are trading a very small amount of extra wear and fuel inefficiency for increased speed/power/torque. My rule with new diesels was break them in the way you want to run them.

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's regulated by speed not rpms, but I'd say 2500 RPM at 5 gear if you're running 33 inch tires