ooooooooooo

2019 Transfer case leaks

Woody

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did my first 10hr oil change and noticed a small leak between two parts of the transfer case. I'm not mechanic, but it seems they will have to split it apart to reseal the connection. This scares me. It's a little depressing that I have a nearly new roxor with drive train leaks. Does anyone have any advice besides to contact the dealer?

20190630_124524.jpg 20190630_124650.jpg

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Not unless you can live with it or fix it yourself. At least you see it when warranty is still on.

B

Bister

Someone else had the same issue, it came up on a Facebook page.

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unfortunately u will probably need to see dealer for warranty repair ,where picture shows leak is transfer case to transmission connection,so either the output seal on trans is leaking or input seal on transfer case . I’m sure u have checked fluid levels on both units was either low ? Also if either unit was overfilled it could have pushed fluid through seal . I would try checking fluids then drive it 50 miles and keep an eye on leak if still leaking take back to dealer for warranty repair hope this helps keep us posted.

Reactions: SMF

Woody

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Unfortunately u will probably need to see dealer for warranty repair ,where picture shows leak is transfer case to transmission connection,so either the output seal on trans is leaking or input seal on transfer case . I’m sure u have checked fluid levels on both units was either low ? Also if either unit was overfilled it could have pushed fluid through seal . I would try checking fluids then drive it 50 miles and keep an eye on leak if still leaking take back to dealer for warranty repair hope this helps keep us posted.

I had to add some fluid to get it run out the fill spout. So it wasn't over filled. Thanks for the info.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did you refill it on flat ground?

Woody

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Update: So I informed my dealer about the leak, he came, picked it up, fixed it, than delivered it back at no cost. Turns out that they missed a spot of sealant during the manufacturing process, which was apparent after separating the transfer case. There is no gasket or ring between the transfer case to transmission, just sealant. All seems to be well now.

B

Bister

Update: So I informed my dealer about the leak, he came, picked it up, fixed it, than delivered it back at no cost. Turns out that they missed a spot of sealant during the manufacturing process, which was apparent after separating the transfer case. There is no gasket or ring between the transfer case to transmission, just sealant. All seems to be well now.
Nice to hear. I've heard nothing but good about anyone putting in a warranty claim or getting an issue resolved once the dealer was notified. I had a couple small things, dealer and Roxor took care of them no problem.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Owners manual states, fill till it just starts to come out fill hole. How can it be overfilled if you do that? Any issues using full synthetic?

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Shops and manufacturers use pneumatic pump that can easily overfill drive line fluids especially with half inch tube inserted in fill hole . Tech usually has fill plug in hand and as soon as they see fluid coming out they pull out filler tube and insert fill plug.this usually doesn’t create any problems. I use full synthetic on my vehicles probably not necessarily it just makes me feel better ?

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did my first 10hr oil change and noticed a small leak between two parts of the transfer case. I'm not mechanic, but it seems they will have to split it apart to reseal the connection. This scares me. It's a little depressing that I have a nearly new roxor with drive train leaks. Does anyone have any advice besides to contact the dealer?

View attachment 4108View attachment 4109
I am also dealing with this same issue. Have been to my dealer but I am not pleased with the response so far. Can’t get a firm answer on what Mahindra is going to do for me. It could be my dealer is dragging their feet , they won’t give me an update on this. Disappointing to say the least,

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you're gonna make a Willys in 2018, you might as well make the ever leaking Spicer 18 along with it LOL

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you're gonna make a Willys in 2018, you might as well make the ever leaking Spicer 18 along with it LOL
Probably so but you would think Mahindra would have addressed this and corrected this. I hope Mahindra comes through, or should I say my dealer!
i still like my ROXOR!!

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Probably so but you would think Mahindra would have addressed this and corrected this. I hope Mahindra comes through, or should I say my dealer!
i still like my ROXOR!!
Did you ever get this issue resolved? Just wondering, I have the same leak as does my cousin.

Woody

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Yes. The dealer had to split it apart and reseal it. There apparently was a gap in the sealant during original installation.

P Bleskey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did you ever get this issue resolved? Just wondering, I have the same leak as does my cousin.
I finally got my rig in to the dealer. They pulled the transfer case and resealed it. The verdict is still out as to whether that fixed the leak, haven’t had time to run it to see if it still leaks. I will keep you posted.