ooooooooooo

Got new tires today!

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Got 265/75/16 tires installed today. Now just waiting on my lift.

547CC76A-764E-47B7-B6C6-157F8010A01A.jpeg

F12569B7-23CE-4F8F-839F-06B1ED3891AF.jpeg

03314177-572A-4884-AF65-E48BA8CBCBBF.jpeg

jdlee

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow! They really fill in the wheel wells. Will you have to re-adjust the steering stops to prevent scrubbing?

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wow! They really fill in the wheel wells. Will you have to re-adjust the steering stops to prevent scrubbing?

I haven’t had the opportunity to flex it out but it didn’t rub on the way home. I might have to adjust the stops back out a little. In my driveway I turned them lock to lock and didn’t see any contact. I am waiting for my front level kit to come in. I have zero patience. Lol.

jerry c

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I notice you have plates on it. Was it a lot of trouble to get them?

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I notice you have plates on it. Was it a lot of trouble to get them?

That is a Texas dealer plate. I can move that plate to any car or truck I drive. Is it legal on the Roxor? Probably not at this point. I put it on to drive it to the tire shop. As soon as I get my windshield and turn signals I will get it inspected, once that is done I should be able to get plates here.

lawtac

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Any update on rubbing? Thinking of going with 235/85/r16, almost identical hight 31.7” vs your 31.6” 265/75/16 but without being any wider. Maintains the 9.3” width of the OEM tires. Often the width is what will cause rubbing over the height. The 235/85s and 255/85s are very popular on the toyota tacos as they get the height without lifting or rubbing. would be curios if the 255/85 would fit without a lift on the roxor. Its a 33” tall 10” wide tire?

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So far I haven’t had much chance to drive it. Been working a ton and it has rained every day since I have put the tires on. I am waiting for a 2.5” level kit to come in. That will solve any rubbing issues. I drove it home from the tire shop and didn’t have any rubbing but that was just on the street. I will update once I get a chance to drive it more.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Doshounds,I’m digging the new tires. Have you had a chance to drive it anymore since putting them on or had any issues with it?The lift you have coming is that the one from On The Rox fabrication for like 500 and some bucks?

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Doshounds,I’m digging the new tires. Have you had a chance to drive it anymore since putting them on or had any issues with it?The lift you have coming is that the one from On The Rox fabrication for like 500 and some bucks?

Thank you sir. They do rub at full lock, of course I adjusted the the steering knuckles in when I first got it. I have crawled all over the front suspension and cannot find any rub marks on anything. I assume the tires are hitting the leaf springs. I did order the On The Rox lift. I am going to leave it alone until I get the lift on. Once it's installed I will be able to make final adjustments and add the front fender flares that will rub if installed at the moment. I did get the rear flares installed.

IMG_4385.JPG

IMG_4380.JPG

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you sir. They do rub at full lock, of course I adjusted the the steering knuckles in when I first got it. I have crawled all over the front suspension and cannot find any rub marks on anything. I assume the tires are hitting the leaf springs. I did order the On The Rox lift. I am going to leave it alone until I get the lift on. Once it's installed I will be able to make final adjustments and add the front fender flares that will rub if installed at the moment. I did get the rear flares installed.

View attachment 1184

View attachment 1185

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Check the left-hand sway bar that’s where mine were rubbing same size tires. I’ve ordered inch and a half spacers.

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m running 235/85r tires with sway links removed, stock suspension, steering knuckles factory setting and many miles of severe off road terrain- no rubbing

3ninerdelta

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m running 235/85r tires with sway links removed, stock suspension, steering knuckles factory setting and many miles of severe off road terrain- no rubbing
That is the tire size I want to try. You aren't using spacers and have no rubbing? If so, perfect! You get the height for trails and dont have to worry about spacers stressing things. I was thinking of that tire size and a rough cuntry lift, but sounds like a lift isn't really necessary, is that correct?
Thanks!