ooooooooooo

3 Wheel Drive

B

Bister

I got the Spartan lockers installed on the back, they work. Maybe when the piggy bank gets out of the ICU, the front will get done. Not that it would have helped much driving over a frozen plow ridge higher than the center of a Roxor and I have a plow mount on which doesn’t exactly help. I should have had the plow on. Nice thing is they are small to shovel out. Lol

B

Bister

Looks like your front tire is spinning opposite and faster than the back?
It is spinning the same direction, just looks backwards cause of the camera frame rate just like old western wagon wheels; but it is spinning twice as fast cause the other side is stopped.

mike_d

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bister, what’s your take on the Spartans? Are you happy with them? Have you noticed clicking?

B

Bister

Bister, what’s your take on the Spartans? Are you happy with them? Have you noticed clicking?
I don’t have much experience with them either, but I’m out by myself lots and don’t want to call for help for having 2 wheels off the ground in a ditch. Lol . I don’t notice them unless I really listen, but I’m driving on snow a lot, so I’m not sure they even unlock much. When I went side to side on a wide back road in second gear at an idle I could hear them clicking, nothing loud. From what everyone was saying, I thought it would be worse. I actually had to listen close. Now remember, I was on gravel with a soft enclosure and the wind blowing, but I can’t see them being bad. I’m going to get them in the front also soon, they will only click on the front when in 4x4 on a turn I’m thinking. If I’m in 4x4, clicking is the least of my problems.

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Bister, If you don’t mind me asking what is the cost to have the dealer instal them? And we’re you happy with the job they did.? My dealer hasn’t done one yet so I’m more than curious.

B

Bister

Hey Bister, If you don’t mind me asking what is the cost to have the dealer instal them? And we’re you happy with the job they did.? My dealer hasn’t done one yet so I’m more than curious.
Have you looked at the instructions? It is quite extensive, or it would have been for me. I had a couple things done, but they spent about 8 hours on the lockers. I talked to the mechanic and he never installed this particular type before but he has worked of differentials numerous times before and with lockers. Also, my dealer didn’t have a hoist, so they were working on the floor. I’m not sure if that is high or low. It’s seems good so far, I don’t really have any experience with lockers or install time. This is all new to me. I hear them clicking some and I know they do lock up, not sure what else I can tell you. It would be nice if there was a recommended flat rate for install from ROXOR, then you have an idea of cost.

I highly recommend you get a quote in writing before you get it done. Just a suggestion, cause you are paying for them to learn. They may be very well qualified mechanics to do the job, but it’s on your nickel for them to be trained. It would be better if it was flat rate, then we would know the cost, like when I take my Ford in. Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator: